Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jun 14, 2011

Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012 is the second downloadable game in the CCG series offers new game modes, Planeswalker opponents, decks, and puzzle challenges.

Perfered version?

udabenshen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By udabenshen

Hey there! 

I played the original on 360 when I picked it up 50% on some special gold member deal.  I was wondering if anyone has experience with both versions and knows how it is on the PC?  Obviously its not a huge graphics powerhouse, so I'm more wondering if the interface is nice on the PC. 

Or should I just get it on 360 because I have 6000 ms points eating a hole in my virtual wallet?

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Marz

try the demo on steam(2011 version).  Get a feel for it i guess.

WiqidBritt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By WiqidBritt

I could see how using a mouse could be a lot better when trying to see what card the opponent has way up in the corner of the screen, it's a pain trying to select cards with the controller sometimes.

Shimastu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Shimastu

I would go with community. Like personally I have about 10 people on my friends list beforehand that got this game and like no one on my steam. So go where the community is. If you got friends on one system that has it go for that one man. Both interfaces aren't that terrible. Granted Pc is a bit better but the 360 is not very sluggish and works just fine too.

fei0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#5  Edited By fei0x

The previous game is free for Playstation Plus members right now over PSN, wasn't really a stated option, but thought I'd point it out for on-lookers.

HydraHam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By HydraHam

@udabenshen said:

Hey there! I played the original on 360 when I picked it up 50% on some special gold member deal. I was wondering if anyone has experience with both versions and knows how it is on the PC? Obviously its not a huge graphics powerhouse, so I'm more wondering if the interface is nice on the PC. Or should I just get it on 360 because I have 6000 ms points eating a hole in my virtual wallet?

If you have friends that play it on PC go with that, if you have friends on 360 that play it go with that, there is no real difference other then on PC you can use keyboard/mouse, personally i prefer the console version (bought it on ps3 because of the PSN+ discount)

Since you already have 6000ms points i would say go with that, i played the PC version at a friends and there was literally 0 difference other then i could use the mouse and keyboard, download the demo on both and see if you would rather play with controller or keyboard mouse, but really it's up to you.. if you don't know anyone who plays on either then just go with what you prefer to play on

@fei0x said:

The previous game is free for Playstation Plus members right now over PSN, wasn't really a stated option, but thought I'd point it out for on-lookers.

Yeah i thought that was cool they did that, already own it on 360 but got it on ps3 anyways, off-topic, or on? do you have 2012 on ps3?

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By subject2change

Got it on PS3 cause of 2 bucks off cause of PS+, prob would of preferred the PC version but eh it's fine.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Spoonman671

Some of the menus feel a little clunky on PC, but the actual gameplay is better with a mouse.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.