Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Major League Gaming

Concept »

MLG (Major League Gaming) is the most successful and well-established competitive gaming league in the world. Encompassing many competitive multiplayer games, from Super Smash Bros Brawl to Halo 3, becoming a professional gamer through MLG is the goal of aspiring players all around the world.

So I recently joined Gamebattles...

krazy_kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By krazy_kyle

Gamebattles.com is a site from the creators of MLG (Major League Gaming for those unfamiliar). It allows players who are interested in competitive multiplayer gaming to join ladders for popular multiplayer games to meet their match or get better through competition. There are different ladders for different games on different consoles or systems. For example there are ladders for PC games such as Counter-Strike. These ladders can be made up of single players interested in 1v1s, double ladders for 2v2s and team ladders for 4v4 or 5v5 matches etc. There are different ladders for different games and only certain ladders are available in certain regions. I currently cannot join a counter-strike ladder for the EU region as it mustn't be popular enough for MLG to make a ladder, which sucks as america has it and we don't >=( 

I have so far joined singles ladders for Modern Warfare 2, Gears of War 2 and Halo 3. I have recently created a team for Gears of War 2 with people I frequently talk to on XBox Live. I have been doing crap but will be playing much more so I get better, cuz it's just embarassing, I'm not supposed to be a n00b!!!
    krazy_kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By krazy_kyle

Gamebattles.com is a site from the creators of MLG (Major League Gaming for those unfamiliar). It allows players who are interested in competitive multiplayer gaming to join ladders for popular multiplayer games to meet their match or get better through competition. There are different ladders for different games on different consoles or systems. For example there are ladders for PC games such as Counter-Strike. These ladders can be made up of single players interested in 1v1s, double ladders for 2v2s and team ladders for 4v4 or 5v5 matches etc. There are different ladders for different games and only certain ladders are available in certain regions. I currently cannot join a counter-strike ladder for the EU region as it mustn't be popular enough for MLG to make a ladder, which sucks as america has it and we don't >=( 

I have so far joined singles ladders for Modern Warfare 2, Gears of War 2 and Halo 3. I have recently created a team for Gears of War 2 with people I frequently talk to on XBox Live. I have been doing crap but will be playing much more so I get better, cuz it's just embarassing, I'm not supposed to be a n00b!!!
    End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By End_Boss
    @krazy_kyle said:

"I'm not supposed to be a n00b!!! "

This implies that getting into the MLG/Gamebattles requires anything more than filling out a form.
    krazy_kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By krazy_kyle

True that, MLG pro and MLG are completely different things. Gamebattles isn't really as serious as MLG pro so anyone can join. People at the top of the ladder get to do a pro circuit thing where the best players have a "play-off". I have a bit to go before then anyway.
    Vod_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Vod_Crack

*facepalm*

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.