Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jun 25, 1993

A point-and-click adventure game that follows Bernard Bernoulli, Laverne, and Hoagie as they try to prevent Purple Tentacle from taking over the world.

Memorable Voice Acting

EmptyQuarter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By EmptyQuarter

Maybe it was because it was among the first games I played with full speech (I think the game came free with a new sound card) or maybe the voices were just amazingly awesome, but even after more than a decade since I played this game, I still find myself quoting it with what I remember to be the perfefct inflection. Lines like Hoagie's "I don't wanna," Bernard's "Mmmm... I don't think so," and for some reason that artist guy's "Give me back my hammer," get uttered all the time by me, even around people who have no idea where they're from. If there's ever a poll for the game with the best voice acting of all time, Day of the Tentacle would get my vote.

Anyone else got any favourite lines they still remember?

epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By epic_pets

Naw, i skip cut scenes

DarkLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By DarkLegend

Yuri is a good one.

Avatar image for deactivated-6136175c8a44c
    deactivated-6136175c8a44c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

"Very much like him, according to my wife Mrs. Washington."

Whenever I have the opportunity to use the phrase "very much like that" (or anything similar), "according to my wife Mrs. Washington" invariably gets tacked on the end, whether it makes sense or not.

drew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By drew

"That's why I'll have to do it YESTERDAY!"

The quote I repeat most though is the opening scene from Sam n Max - the whole mad scientist scene.  Pretty sure my girlfriend is getting pretty tired of it...

D34dM4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By D34dM4n

i dont kno if anyone else noticed this (or if u even kno wat im talkin about), but Chun-Li's english voice actor also did the voice for Rise in Persona 4

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.