Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Sep 15, 2009

Beginning with the events of Marvel's Secret War and going into Civil War, players will take control of several Marvel characters in this follow up to the first Ultimate Alliance game.

I was wondering...

nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By nohthink

If Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 is focusing on civil war, that means players need to fight other heroes right? Hence, "choose the side" kinda stuff.

But does that mean the players don't get to choose the heroes that they want?

I am really looking forward to play this game(I even pre ordered it) but let's say my dream set of heroes is Iron Man, Captain America, Spider Man and Storm. 

Since Captain America and Iron Man are against each other(as it's shown in the trailer), does that mean I cannot put them in the same team?

If so, doesn't kinda defeat the whole "you get to make your own team of heroes!" motto?

kwyee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By kwyee

I'm not 100% sure since the game isn't out yet, but I think one of the trailers (launch trailer?) said something like "We were focused on fighting each other, when the real enemy appeared".... so I'm guessing that 1/2 way through, the heroes put aside their differences and you can play as all of them.  That would also seem to fit with why villains like Venom and Juggernaut are playable.    It would be nice if there was a newgame+ option to play as everyone regardless of how the story takes you.  But of course I'm just speculating at this point :|  

In any event, you can play through again with the other side, because the game's gonna be awesome, right? ....Right?

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By Jedted

I think they are going for a more directed story path rather than the mess that was in MUA1 so from that perspective it makes sense that Cap or Iron Man would stick with their own sides.  If YOUR marvel dream team involves both Cap and Iron Man then that is a bummer but there's still a wide selection of characters to choose from. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.