Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 24, 2000

One of the most legendary crossover fighting game series is thrown into high gear with a whopping 56-character roster and new three-on-three tag-team gameplay.

How to get a fightstick

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#1  Edited By AgentJ

I've been checking out prices for 360 fightsticks and most top 100 dollars. Is there somewhere I can go to get a cheaper stick, or is there one coming out on a more massive scale that will be relatively cheap?

There are just so many reasons to get a stick now, what with SF II/IV and Marvel VS Capcom
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By AgentJ

Is there no one that knows anything about this? I need to get a fightstick...

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Vinchenzo

I have a pretty solid Hori fighting stick. You don't really need much more if you're a casual player of course. This is the one I have. Although as you can see they have none in stock, therefore the price was ramped up by other sellers. I bought my original stick for $60.

Edit: Also it's very solid. Because of the trial challenges on SF IV, I actually punched the face buttons until one of my knuckles bled. Everything still works and no damage was done. Either you could say I'm a pussy, or that's one great piece of plastic.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By iamjohn

You're out of luck until the new batch of Mad Catz sticks come out - sticks have become a commodity!

Luckily, that should be around the time that MvC2 comes out!
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Vinchenzo
    iAmJohn said:
    "You're out of luck until the new batch of Mad Catz sticks come out - sticks have become a commodity!

Luckily, that should be around the time that MvC2 comes out!"
    Why would anyone want to buy a shitty Mad Catz stick when you can get a better Hori one for possibly cheaper?
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AgentJ
    Vinchenzo said:
    "iAmJohn said:
    "You're out of luck until the new batch of Mad Catz sticks come out - sticks have become a commodity!

Why would anyone want to buy a shitty Mad Catz stick when you can get a better Hori one for possibly cheaper?"
    Where and how much?
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Vinchenzo
    AgentJ said:
    "Vinchenzo said:
    "iAmJohn said:

Why would anyone want to buy a shitty Mad Catz stick when you can get a better Hori one for possibly cheaper?"
    Where and how much?
    "
    Well like I said, sometimes you have to get lucky. I got my Hori stick for $60, and it's a fairly well-respected brand of fighting stick. I don't even know what system you want it for, but maybe check eBay under keywords "Hori". Here's the one I mentioned I had, but on sale on eBay for even cheaper.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AgentJ
    Vinchenzo said:
    "AgentJ said:
    "Vinchenzo said:
    "iAmJohn said:

Where and how much?
    "
    Well like I said, sometimes you have to get lucky. I got my Hori stick for $60, and it's a fairly well-respected brand of fighting stick. I don't even know what system you want it for, but maybe check eBay under keywords "Hori". Here's the one I mentioned I had, but on sale on eBay for even cheaper."
    There is little doubt in my mind that the stick you linked to will be plus 60 by the time it's over. If there was a "buy it now" id be all over it.
    Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

I was really set on purchasing the FightStick (not TE) but then I heard all the horror stories about the stick getting stuck in places, the buttons not responding as well as jamming., and that it seems necessary to mod everything to Sanwa parts.

I decided to get the FightPad, but haven't gotten the chance to try it out yet. Hopefully it lives up to the hype.

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By REDRUN

The Streetfighter 4 Special Edition fight sticks are $60. a good sub $100 fight stick. You can buy parts from lizardlick.com for replacement parts or upgrade drop in parts.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AgentJ
    REDRUN said:
    "The Streetfighter 4 Special Edition fight sticks are $60. a good sub $100 fight stick. You can buy parts from lizardlick.com for replacement parts or upgrade drop in parts."
    Alright! Where do i pick it up? Oh right, they didnt make enough, so there aren't any in stock...
    REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By REDRUN

Are you in the US or Canada?
    In the US, GameCrazy usually have them in stock more frequently than a GameStop. Reason behind that, there are more Gamestop's than there are GameCrazy and inventory is bled thin throgh GameStop. Make a wishlist (post launch request), at GameCrazy in case they are not in stock, there they will call you as soon as it comes. PS3 versions are usually there and easier to find because the majority of gamers are all on Xbox 360.
    If you are in Canada, I am not much help unless you have a lifeline in other places. Sorry =/

ThePhenomenal1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ThePhenomenal1

well now is a good time to learn how to make one. i wanna try doin that. i've still got my fightstick TE pre-order that i still don't know when i'm getting. so i'm stuck with the same hori ex2 stick linked above. it was good at first but now it hardly works. can't pull off quarter circle ultras very well with it. can't do balrog's ultra juggle. so i really want my fightstick TE.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Vinchenzo
    AgentJ said:
    "REDRUN said:
    "The Streetfighter 4 Special Edition fight sticks are $60. a good sub $100 fight stick. You can buy parts from lizardlick.com for replacement parts or upgrade drop in parts."
    Alright! Where do i pick it up? Oh right, they didnt make enough, so there aren't any in stock...
    "
    At my GameStop I saw one on a higher shelf so we might've been restocked one. You have two options now.

• Call your local GS. Ask if they have the arcade stick. If not, ask them to do a local search (which they can) on the SKU, and find the nearest store that has it. Ask for the phone number and call them up.
    • Go to GameStop's website. Now find the fighting stick you want, and it should be able to let you find stores that have them available. Call them.
    REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By REDRUN

You'll have better luck a GameCrazy, because GameStop is a where the majority will look first and where supply is bled thin. Gamestop does not have a "wishlist" or a post-launch order, GameCrazy does.

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By REDRUN

I just checked, all 6 GameStop locations within a 25 mile radius of my home have zero fightsticks. The 5 locations of GameCrazy near me, have a total of 7 Madcatz TE fightsticks as of today, each store had received 3-4 each Monday. They sold out of the Madcatz SE fightsticks and gamepads again.

bjorno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By bjorno

just make your own stick, like a REAL MAN

No Caption Provided

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AgentJ
    @bjorno said:
    " just make your own stick, like a REAL MAN
    No Caption Provided
    "
    Sorry, but I'm not good with electronics or building. There is a 97.4 chance I would royally fuck that up. 
    The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The_A_Drain

Go for a Hori if you want a cheaper one, i've heard nothing but good things.

Personally I lumped for the SFIV TE and have never looked back since, it's the best thing that's ever happened to my gaming life. I use it to play all my fighters for 360, as well as using it to play classic arcade games released over XBLA, I also use it on PC from time to time.

Kumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Kumo

Don't know if you're still looking for one as this was posted 3 months ago, but a HORI EX2 ($50) is about as cheap as you can get. That being said, I personally own one and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The buttons are pretty bad (not loose enough, inconsistent levels of sensitivity between the buttons) and the stick itself is a little off with inputs at times (at least mine is). It's completely functional, but with the cheap parts it doesn't offer the precision you'd expect from an arcade stick. If you want an arcade stick, you're better off just putting $150 down for a TE stick or buying an EX2/MadCatz SE and replacing the buttons/stick.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.