Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 24, 2000

One of the most legendary crossover fighting game series is thrown into high gear with a whopping 56-character roster and new three-on-three tag-team gameplay.

The Hilarity of Player Matches

JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By JokerClown88

Whenever I play MVC 2 online, I tend to play the player matches with a group of friends.  Sadly we are not all on at the same time and we are sometimes forced to have a random in the room.  Now my friends and I don't play to win.  We play for fun.  We pick extreamly abstract teams and painfully low tier characters most of the time. 

Anyways...I digress...My friends and I were playing for fun and such when a random joined my room.  I didn't know that this particular player was "hardcore" when I was the first person that he fought.  I picked my normal for fun team of SonSon, Felicia, and Dan.  I know not exactly a competitive team.  He waited for me to pick then choose the team of Magneto, Storm, and Sentinel.  All God tier characters.  Needless to say, he thrashed me using the normal God Tier tactics.  What was completly uncalled for however was the trash talking that came from this kid.  Name an insult that could be thrown out for winning in a fighting game, this kid said it.  Well anyways, the rotation gets back to me after I had time to view his hyper repative tactics.  To counter his play style, I chose the team of Cammy, Akuma, and Gambit.  It was a tough fight at first, but once I took out his Sentinel, he was cake.  We got back into the lobby and he had left then sent me a really hateful message.  

It just boggles the mind that someone who enters a PLAYER MATCH can talk so much trash.  I thought that those kinds of things were reserved for the competitive players of Ranked Matches.  I guess I was wrong.    
    JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By JokerClown88

Whenever I play MVC 2 online, I tend to play the player matches with a group of friends.  Sadly we are not all on at the same time and we are sometimes forced to have a random in the room.  Now my friends and I don't play to win.  We play for fun.  We pick extreamly abstract teams and painfully low tier characters most of the time. 

Anyways...I digress...My friends and I were playing for fun and such when a random joined my room.  I didn't know that this particular player was "hardcore" when I was the first person that he fought.  I picked my normal for fun team of SonSon, Felicia, and Dan.  I know not exactly a competitive team.  He waited for me to pick then choose the team of Magneto, Storm, and Sentinel.  All God tier characters.  Needless to say, he thrashed me using the normal God Tier tactics.  What was completly uncalled for however was the trash talking that came from this kid.  Name an insult that could be thrown out for winning in a fighting game, this kid said it.  Well anyways, the rotation gets back to me after I had time to view his hyper repative tactics.  To counter his play style, I chose the team of Cammy, Akuma, and Gambit.  It was a tough fight at first, but once I took out his Sentinel, he was cake.  We got back into the lobby and he had left then sent me a really hateful message.  

It just boggles the mind that someone who enters a PLAYER MATCH can talk so much trash.  I thought that those kinds of things were reserved for the competitive players of Ranked Matches.  I guess I was wrong.    
    BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By BradBrains

its live. people unfortunatly mostly suck on there. stick with your friends for sure!  if i ever get the game ill send ya a messsage as i  also just wanna play for fun

JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JokerClown88
    @Darkstalker: Its a "date."   

:D
    Moody_yeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Moody_yeti

It boggles my mind when people enter a Player match or a ranked match and Talk trash,It jus makes me laugh hearing a 12 year old kid scream out of my speakers about how much he owns and how much you suck. 

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By dbz1995

Hes probably obese, spoiled, and in jail within 10 years. Don't worry, duder. At least you kicked his ass.

JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JokerClown88
    @Jaded_Racoon: Its just really wierd to me when people treat player matches like ranked matches.  I mean I understand playing to win and all, but in a more casual enviornment, the trash talking is not needed.  One kind of expects it in a competitive enviornment (e-thug syndrome and such), but there is still no place for it. 

@dbz1995: Lmao.  This is proabably true.
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MikkaQ

Yeah I just got xbox live, and I've noticed people take the player matches pretty seriouslt anyway. I was just trying to goof off with 'geif, Roll and BB hood, but Nooooooo the other guy HAAAD to use Sentinel, Cable and Magneto. I mean come on AT LEAST use like normal tier dudes =p 

But whatever, I still had fun with it. This game is madness.

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
    @XII_Sniper said:
    " Yeah I just got xbox live, and I've noticed people take the player matches pretty seriouslt anyway. I was just trying to goof off with 'geif, Roll and BB hood, but Nooooooo the other guy HAAAD to use Sentinel, Cable and Magneto. I mean come on AT LEAST use like normal tier dudes =p  But whatever, I still had fun with it. This game is madness. "
    Roll and bb hood are really good ..... 

ive played seen that exact fight before and bb hood and roll won 
    Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Absurd
    @JokerClown88 said:
     What was completly uncalled for however was the trash talking that came from this kid.  Name an insult that could be thrown out for winning in a fighting game, this kid said it. 
    Trash talking is never uncalled for, especially online.
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MikkaQ
    @ZombieHunter said:
    " @XII_Sniper said:
    " Yeah I just got xbox live, and I've noticed people take the player matches pretty seriouslt anyway. I was just trying to goof off with 'geif, Roll and BB hood, but Nooooooo the other guy HAAAD to use Sentinel, Cable and Magneto. I mean come on AT LEAST use like normal tier dudes =p  But whatever, I still had fun with it. This game is madness. "
    Roll and bb hood are really good .....   ive played seen that exact fight before and bb hood and roll won  "

yeah but I can't even do so much as air combo, so... no.
    Moody_yeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Moody_yeti

Was in a ranked once and the guy picked roll,think he missclicked cause he didnt move for awhile then DC'd :p

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.