Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 15, 2011

After a decade-long hiatus, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 continues the popular crossover fighting game series characterized by fast-paced gameplay, complex tag teams, and elaborate combos.

No quarter mode w/ spectating = no buy

DeadDorf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By DeadDorf

I can't believe they put out a fighting game in 2011 with no spectator quarter mode! BlazBlue did it out of the gate last year, and then there are multiplayer games like COD and Battlefield that are an order of magnitude harder to do simultaneous play/viewing than a simple 2-person input, x-person view experience.

DarkShaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By DarkShaper

Calm down it's on its way.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By toowalrus

Bummer, you may be missing out on a great game. I'm not going to be buying until I catch up on a few other games occupying my limited time right now, but it looks fucking awesome.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @TooWalrus said:
    " Bummer, you may be missing out on a great game. I'm not going to be buying until I catch up on a few other games occupying my limited time right now, but it looks fucking awesome. "
    Totaly off topic. But I was wondering who Too Walrus was on xbox live. *This i HumanxHammer* lol 

Back on topic.  

So your gonna let a little thing like that stop you from buying the revival of a entire franchise? ....
    DarkShaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DarkShaper
    @TooWalrus: It is, in fact, "fucking awesome"
    FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By FancySoapsMan

ok

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By iamjohn

Of all the dumb reasons to take a stand against a game, you choose this?

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Cloudenvy
    @iAmJohn said:

" Of all the dumb reasons to take a stand against a game, you choose this? "

Well, people like to complain their asses off no matter how small the issue.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By toowalrus
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @TooWalrus said:
    " Bummer, you may be missing out on a great game. I'm not going to be buying until I catch up on a few other games occupying my limited time right now, but it looks fucking awesome. "
    Totaly off topic. But I was wondering who Too Walrus was on xbox live. *This i HumanxHammer* lol
    That's my XBL name, my friends list has been looking a little empty since everyone started playing WoW again, so I added a few of the Giantbomb guys to fill it up a bit.
    delusionaltool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By delusionaltool

this will be added in dlc im sure there is technical reasons why the spectator mode was not added just yet... i honestly think this game is gonna have so much DLC characters galore.... its all about money and licensing.

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By chilibean_3

I'm going to go ahead and assume that's not the ONLY reason you won't be buying this game.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Lukeweizer
    @DeadDorf said:

" I can't believe they put out a fighting game in 2011 with no spectator quarter mode! BlazBlue did it out of the gate last year, and then there are multiplayer games like COD and Battlefield that are an order of magnitude harder to do simultaneous play/viewing than a simple 2-person input, x-person view experience. "

MvC2 did it in XBLA. They're saving it for "Super Marvel vs. Capcom 3: The Fate of Making People Buy ANOTHER Game With More Features". 

It's fucking ridiculous.

You all say it's not an issue, but wait till you can't playing with more than 1 friend at a time.
    Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lukeweizer
    @delusionaltool: How could they not add it from the beginning? It was in SSF4.
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MikkaQ

I probably won't even play this game online ever, so it's a non-issue for me. But even if I did, why do you want to play with like 10 other people with only two playing at once? Quarter matches only make sense when you're dealing with an actual physical arcade machine you have to share. You all have copies of the game, why would you want to take turns to play against each other?

Jemenez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jemenez
    @Lukeweizer Because they wanted to release as early as they could. Also, they're not going to make a fucking super marvel vs capcom 3, you must be an arrogant shithead if you think that.

Chill out it'll be added in a month's time.
    PosichronicNet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PosichronicNet

I can give you a good reason not to buy it, every single match you enter will have input delay, so unless all you care about is seeing the pretty colors then do not buy this game; because everything that applies to a real mvc match does not apply online 

DarkShaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DarkShaper
    @PosichronicNet: You must have a really bad connection or bad luck. Most of my fights have been fine.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By lordofultima
    @Lukeweizer said:
    " @DeadDorf said:

" I can't believe they put out a fighting game in 2011 with no spectator quarter mode! BlazBlue did it out of the gate last year, and then there are multiplayer games like COD and Battlefield that are an order of magnitude harder to do simultaneous play/viewing than a simple 2-person input, x-person view experience. "

MvC2 did it in XBLA. They're saving it for "Super Marvel vs. Capcom 3: The Fate of Making People Buy ANOTHER Game With More Features".   It's fucking ridiculous.  You all say it's not an issue, but wait till you can't playing with more than 1 friend at a time. "
    I actually prefer 1 on 1 lobbies anyway, I'm not a fan of "let me sit here and watch other people play for 10 minutes."
    nukkajdav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By nukkajdav

Not to fan the flame, but it is the only way I play fighting games. Sure, there is plenty of watching, but it's a very social experience. Not having it in there is a maaaajor bummer.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Cloudenvy
    @DarkShaper said:
    " @PosichronicNet: You must have a really bad connection or bad luck. Most of my fights have been fine. "
    Basically this, I've had no input lagg or any sort of lagg for that matter in any of my fights so far.
    Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Lukeweizer
    @Jemenez said:
    " @Lukeweizer Because they wanted to release as early as they could. Also, they're not going to make a fucking super marvel vs capcom 3, you must be an arrogant shithead if you think that.  Chill out it'll be added in a month's time. "
    Just realistic.
    NightHarlequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By NightHarlequin

I'm actually surprised that there's not more people pissed about this. I know it's going to be patched in eventually, but Capcom shipping the game without all its content is something to be angry about. It's still a great game, but no spectating means that being in a lobby with more than three people is extremely boring if/when you lose.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

What's a quarter mode?

Gilsham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By Gilsham
    @ThePhantomnaut 
    basically it comes from old school arcade days where you would put a quarter on the machine to reserve the next play, it is in the game but with out specs which makes it quite boring to watch esp if it is a room of 8

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.