Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

360 wired controller on Mass Effect 2

PaulKemp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PaulKemp

Hello fellas,

Got this on the steam sale a while back. I played ME1 on xbox and loved it, started on ME2 on xbox and didnt really love it so much. Fast forward two years, got myself a new "pc" and I want to play it again!

Since my roots are in the xbox I want to play this with a wired controller. This is not supported OTB, so i need a modifeid Coalesced.ini file. I found one online, but that one didnt work. I was not able to switch weapons (d-pad) or click "a" to accept the name of the character in the beginning of the game. So: Does anybody have a version of the Coalesced.ini file that actually works with a xbox controller? Regards

This file is located in:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mass Effect 2\BioGame\Config\PC\Cooked\Coalesced.ini
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Mass Effect 2\BioGame\Config\PC\Cooked\Coalesced.ini
    PaulKemp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By PaulKemp

Yeah ok, I found another Coalesced.ini file, but some of the same issues prevails. I get no combat or weapon wheel. Might just ingore myself and play with a mouse and keyboard.

crcruz3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By crcruz3

I bought the trilogy for PC and never got the controller to work well so I bought it again for the Xbox and I'm having a blast. The controller barely works on the PC and no power wheel. I was very disappointed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.