Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Any timeframe when the DLC is going to run out?

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By CenturionCajun

I have to really hand it to Bioware that they have stepped up in the DLC department for Mass Effect 2. After the major disappointment that was the Mass Effect 1 DLC I had my doubts but they proved me wrong. However, this creates an interesting dilemma for me. In Dragon Age (another fine Bioware product) I had the issue of DLC appearing which made me want to go back and play but seemed disconnected since I had already finished the story. It was all amazing but it felt kind of piecemeal. So, I've sworn it off until it's all released so I can experience the "complete" Dragon Age which should occur sometime early next year with the release of Dragon Age 2. I'm looking to do the same thing with Mass Effect 2 but Mass Effect 3 has no solid release date so I'm curious if Bioware has said how much is left. Anyone heard any word?

EvilKatarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By EvilKatarn

I honestly couldn't expect anything after the upcoming Liara DLC. Maybe i'm wrong ( I hope so), but this has been a great run anyway.  

Besides I still have not bought either Overlord nor Kasumi. But I did buy the latest weapon pack.

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By KingBroly

I'd also guess the Shadow Broker DLC is the last pack they release, unless they have something planned post-PS3 release.  I wish the current packs weren't $7 a piece though.  It's such an odd price to release content at, especially on XBLM.

bibledoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By bibledoctor
    @EvilKatarn: There will probably be one large piece of DLC after The Lair of the Shadow broker DLC to officially bridge the gap between the second game and the first. As a matter of fact I wouldn't be surprised if they announce that at next years E3 as opposed to the third game.
    EvilKatarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By EvilKatarn
    @BibleDoctor: Oh yeah, that big plan thing. I was already pretty sure that Lair of the Shadow Broker would be the bridge in the story, what with the shadow broker being kind of a big guy in the universe.  

But man do I hope you're right. Mass Effect 2 is one of the best things I've played in a long-long time and a huge DLC (like 10 hours of new gameplay) would be a great sendoff to this game. 

I'm still on the fence whether I should buy Overlord and Kasumi or wait for an all in one pack. Has BioWare done that before?
    alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#6  Edited By alistercat

It sucks that all this DLC is so small. I am waiting for it all to come out before I buy it too, that way it will feel meaningful. I wish they would announce the date when the next DLC is out and I might finally go get it.

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By jasta

Even though it is probably true, I hope this latest DLC is not the last. Thats a whole year ahead without anything new.

Janurary, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December

Nothing.

...and could be longer if ME3 doesint ship Q1. 

>_<

Opera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Opera

They said they'd bridge ME2 and ME3 with DLCs, so I guess we will see more coming. I hope so.

Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Edwardryu

mass effect 3 will be released the end of 2011 or first quarter of 2012 if Bioware will accelerate their works. by the time, we will see few more important DLC like shadow broker to bridge the gap between ME 2 and ME 3. 

Snowboarder75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Snowboarder75

I read somewhere that this is not the last DLC and that this is the only DLC (so far) that affects Mass 3.   

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By pweidman

I sure hope so, I'll buy and play anything they put out.  Shadowbroker was awesome and reminded me again how great ME2 really is.  It'll be a long wait without anymore.
    Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Edwardryu

mass effect 3 is not last one what we know about mass effect game as well. it's actually said by Bioware couple of weeks ago.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.