Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Continue or Import Shepard at End (Spoilers)

I just completed the game as a Paragon character. Everyone in my party survived, and chose the good ending. Now I am given the option to either Continue the game, or Import my shepard into a new game with all of my weapons and level. If I were to choose to continue the game with option 1, would I be able to restart it at any point with the same character, or is this my one chance? If I do restart, do I gain all of my upgrades back?

I don't think it's a one-or-the-other kind of thing. It's just that, if you import that ME2 clear save and start a new game+, it will only take into account your character as he/she was at the ending. The continue option is for N7 missions and DLC.

Is there anything special about coming back and continuing? Does it take place after the ending, or before it?

@DVzomb said:
    " Is there anything special about coming back and continuing? Does it take place after the ending, or before it? "
    I assume it's like Dragon Age and takes place before.

Nope. It's after. Your party members reference what you did to the Collector base, and if they agree or not.

I click continue by accident instead of restart can I Restart After I clicked continue

@Cirdain: Yes you still can. Just create a new game, and you'll have the option of Importing a ME2 character.
    @Semition said:
    " @Cirdain: Yes you still can. Just create a new game, and you'll have the option of Importing a ME2 character. "
    THank you can you also change the face
    @Semition said:
    " @Cirdain: Yes you still can. Just create a new game, and you'll have the option of Importing a ME2 character. "
    Wow I just deleted the save file....
    Shit
    I'm gonna play this twice paragon and reneged

You can't make any changes to your ME2 character on import.  You keep the same face and class.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.

Loading More Images