Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Does the Cerberus Daily News have any hints to future contents?

overbyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By overbyte

Here's a site that tracks the news tidbits in the ME universe:  
    http://www.cerberusdailynews.com/ 

Wow, Bioware is sure dedicated to keep pumping out all these everyday. After reading a couple of them, there's some interesting mini-stories happening. I believe I've read an intricate corporate conspiracy one time and a new race mentioned not yet seen in ME, plus some of the mysteries of the mass relays and not to mention some events on Earth. Could there be hints at what ME3 or future DLC will be or are these just pure fluff?

BlackSymbiote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By BlackSymbiote

I don't see why they couldn't hint at future events or content. I wouldn't be surprised if in ME3 the news stories you hear on stations or planets as you pass by news terminals referenced events or stories or characters mentioned in the massive amount of Cerberus Daily news. ME2 already (although very vaguely) references the events that happen in the novels. Ever wonder exactly why the Quarians hate Cerberus so much when you go to the Migrant Fleet? Read the second novel, Mass Effect: Ascension.

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By ReyGitano

I'm really impressed that they actually keep making fake news stories for that. At the same time, if it's the same guy always doing it, aka DSiware conspiracy status, it must be maddening.

Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Edwardryu

not necessarily. it just delivers you news on mass effect world. so far, I don't see any news actually made for DLC.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By damswedon

Haha this one is good.   

10/14/2185

The weekend box office is in, and audiences paid to be horrified. Salarian shocker “The Jar” played on the universal modern fear of being trapped in a simulstim to the tune of 2.05 billion credits; “Talons,” on the other hand, played on the human fear of turians rending human throats with their razor claws, scaring up 1.86 billion and not a little controversy. At third was the counter-programming “The 840-Year-Old Virgin,” whose romp through the life of an impossibly nerdy asari netted a handy 1.43 billion. Coming in fourth was the low-budget “Binder,” which answered the question: “Who exactly binds the books covered in human skin in all those other horror movies?” If you never wondered this, you’re not alone — only 998 million credits went to this cerebral chiller.  

The best thing is the comments are almost all in character.
    BlackSymbiote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By BlackSymbiote

Just realized that there were 3 Daily Cerberus News updates that mentioned a certain Spectre named Tela Vasir. Surprise surprise, she showed up in the latest DLC Lair of the Shadow Broker. Pretty cool if you ask me. Definitely could be hints or Easter eggs for future content or games in the Cerberus Daily News feed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.