Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

How do you do custom faces on the PC version?

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By LiquidPrince

So I am not really a PC gamer, and I haven't really modded any games before. Back before I got my 360, I bought the Limited Edition of Mass Effect 2 on PC. Then I bought the 360, and played Mass Effect 2 on that so it sat on my shelf  uninstalled. Now I have the urge to install it and do some custom bodies and faces and stuff. Can someone give me a step by step sort of tutorial of how to create custom faces and hair colors as well as websites where I'm supposed to get the files and such?

No0b0rAmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By No0b0rAmA

Are you looking to make your own specific Character's face, or more like a celebrity. Say Yvonne Strahovski?

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By warxsnake

Hey 

Mostly PC ;)

For the suit and other stuff: 

Here you can get the coloreworfjfsdfsdfowerrfwef.ini file which will give you the hotkeys. Important, it also gives you access to whatever armor and casual clothing config you want at any time. Load the costumes and armor into memory by pressing F8, and access the "wardrobe" with F7, always load the armor first otherwise the game will crash. 

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6651308/Coalesced.ini  

Back up your own ini file before ovewritting, game settings might change etc.   

...\mass effect 2\BioGame\Config\PC\Cooked 

-LOAD OUTFITS = F8 
    -WARDROBE MENU = F7  
    -NumPad 0=Hides combat overlays except Quickslots - Toggle
    -NumPad 1=Remove ALL Overlays (Removes HUD and GUI, but you cannot select anything while in this mode) – Toggle
    -NumPad 2=Default FOV
    -NumPad 3=FOV 45
    -Decimal . =FOV 90
    -NumPad 4=Half Speed
    -NumPad 5=Normal Speed
    -NumPad 6=Freeze Players Only (useful for screenshots) - Toggle
    -NumPad 7=Ghost (Disables falling and collision clipping, useful when you’re stuck)
    -NumPad 8=Walk (Cancels Numpad 7)
    -Numpad 9=Flycam (Hold CTRL and use WASD to navigate while in Cut-scenes, or just WASD anywhere else) – Toggle
    -Squad Menu = F10 (bug = sound will stuff up, but cool when you can spawn more squad members for fun :p)
    -Fast Exit to Desktop = F12        

For the Hair:

Follow this tutorial: 

http://www.masseffect2faces.com/index.php?show=tutorials&tutorial=hair  

For the eyes: 

Follow this:  

http://www.masseffect2faces.com/index.php?show=tutorials&tutorial=saveEdit  

[06] How to change "colours" on hair, eyebrows, eyes, skins, etc
    Interesting facts: Many don't notice it, but ME1 facial options contain broader colour ranges than the ones offered in ME2. For some very strange reason BioWare decided to normalize colour ranges for ME2. Thus, before Gibbed's Mass Effect 2 Save Editor, then only way to get Freemen (Dune) "blue within blue" eyes was to make a character in ME1 and then import it into ME2 *without* doing extra modifications in the new facial editor. After lot's of tweaking here is my results...

1. Under the "Raw" tab, "[-] 2. Squad", expand "[+] Player", expand [+] Appearance and then expand [+] Morph Head:
    2. Locate the "Vector Parameters" field, click the left field (Collection) [...]
    3. Then decide on what you want to change:

How to change eye iris-colour:

1. Find the field: "EYE_Iris_Colour_Vector" and press the (on the right side) "[+] value" field to have it expanded.
      2. Enter a new eye iris colour.
      If you get any interesting eye, hair or skin colours feel free to post the colour codes (with description) to: okogawa@hotmail.com with topic "Gibbed colour codes". Also post a "signature" name if you want to be credited. If you make a interesting "build" feel free to forward it as I posted on my "Quarian" example.

Important facts: At first the numbers can look quite overwhelming, but they are actually simple R G B values that can be rounded down or up.

To get you started I'll post some interesting eye iris colour values (don't be afraid to experiment yourself). Please be advised that I'll post "direct" colour ranges (example): "0,9, 0,0, 0,0, 1" which you translate to this for the expanded "[+] value" field:
      A: 1
      B: 0,0
      G: 0,0
      R: 0,9

Red eyes (normal): 0,1, 0,0, 0,0, 1
      Red eyes (light): 0,9, 0,0, 0,0, 1
      Red eyes (glowing): 0,10, 0,0, 0,0, 1
      Red eyes (spooky): 0,20, 0,0, 0,0, 1

Blue eyes (unnatural): 0,0, 0,0, 0,1, 1
      Blue eyes (artificial): 0,0, 0,0, 0,9, 1
      Blue eyes (glowing): 0,0, 0,0, 0,10, 1
      Blue eyes (spooky): 0,0, 0,0, 0,20, 1

Purple eyes (light): 1, 1, 6, 1
      Purple eyes (glowing): 1, 1, 10, 1

Grey eyes (normal): 0,7893139, 0,7372048, 0,6592241, 1
      Gray eyes (nearly white) 0,9893138, 0,9372048, 0,9592241, 1

White eyes (glowing): 10, 10, 10, 1
      White eyes (spooky): 20, 20, 20, 1

Yellow eyes (glowing): 10, 10, 0, 1

To get totally unique "black alien eyes" (more blackish than Drell) change:
      Field: EYE_Iris_Colour_Vector: 0, 0, 0, 1
      Field: EYE_White_Colour_Vector: 0, 0, 0, 1

To return to the original eyeball colour:
      EYE_White_Colour_Vector (original value): 0,7893139, 0,6372048, 0,5592241, 1

To change skin colour find the field: "SkinTone"
      Vampire skin: 0,9592996, 0,7488649, 0,6083597, 1
      Normal skin (whitish): 0,9592996, 0,6488649, 0,5083597, 1
      Normal skin (basic): 0,7592996, 0,3488649, 0,2083597, 1
      Normal skin (lighter): 0,9592996, 0,4488649, 0,3083597, 1
      Gray skin: 0,3488649, 0,3488649, 0,3488649, 1
      Eyeball skin: 0,7893139, 0,6372048, 0,5592241, 1
      Ice queen: 1, 1, 4, 1

Hair and eye-brow colour:

1. Find the field: "HED_Hair_Colour_Vector" (hair colour) and "HED_Addn_Colour_Vector" (eye-brows) and press the (on the right side) "[+] value" field to have it expanded
      2. Enter a new colour...
    4. Save and load the Savegame in ME2

It looks complicated but its not, the save editor is a breeze to use, so is the modified ini file obviously with the numpad shortcuts and F7,F8 to access options. 

GL HF :)     

examples: 

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#4  Edited By alistercat

A quick google shows this: 
    http://www.masseffectsaves.com/mods.php  

I didn't even know that there were mods for the PC version. Console ports like these usually have low modding potential because there are rarely toolsets available and the file formats are weird. Looks like there's some though. 

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @warxsnake:  Thanks. 

@No0b0rAmA said:
    " Are you looking to make your own specific Character's face, or more like a celebrity. Say Yvonne Strahovski? "
    Either or.
    No0b0rAmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By No0b0rAmA
    @LiquidPrince: There are a lot of threads on the bioware forums for the faces of celebrities.  This is the main place of face sharing. Just follow warsnakes tutorial after getting the codes. Or you can check this site: 
    http://www.masseffect2faces.com/
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Geno
    @AlisterCat said:
    " A quick google shows this: 
    http://www.masseffectsaves.com/mods.php   I didn't even know that there were mods for the PC version. Console ports like these usually have low modding potential because there are rarely toolsets available and the file formats are weird. Looks like there's some though.  "
    True, but the main exception is Unreal Engine 3 games which are highly moddable. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.