Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Import feature help

lumley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 23

#1  Edited By lumley

I am so annoyed.
    I got Mass Effect 2 today upon loading up the game for the first time and choosing 'import me1 save' nothing appeared.
    I had forgotten that i started a new game+ on my mass effect 1 load. So now I face a dilema.
     After going onto to mass effect 1 and remembering how far I ws from the end of my second playthrough and how much the framerate pissed me off I am starting a new game on mass effect 2.
    Considering I know what happens in mass effect 1 how much will my enjoyment of mass effect 2 decrease considering I am not playing from an imported game save?
    Also does this mean there is less content for me to play through?

Vigilance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Vigilance

You should still be able to use your ME1 save, it will just be from where you beat the game, not anything you did in your new game plus. 

So if the save isn't showing up at all, ME2 is looking for your save in the wrong place. 

Firefly_TW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Firefly_TW

I would finish it, just having your custom Shepard brought much more to the second game for me let alone all the decisions. If you turn the difficulty down to casual and only do the story missions you can blast through it in a day. I think I've done it in six or seven hours before and if your half way through then it wont take long at all.

raidingkvatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By raidingkvatch
    @Lumley: If you deleted game saves, but kept the character you won't able to do it, I did that for my original ME1 Shepard so opted to playthrough all of it and then start ME2 with that character playing back to back
    lumley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lumley

I'm definitely searching in the right place for the save, i went on mass effect 1 today to check. I may go through me1 again.. quickly but i really can't face playing that game again!

lumley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lumley

Right, i've sorted it out.
    Because I'd switched hard drives the completed savce i think was on the other.
    I've just finished the last bit of mass effect 1 again so if i transfer the data to my newer hard driver the import should work

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.