Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Kasumi thoughts?

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Jeust

For everyone that played the dlc Kasumi - Stolen Memories. Did you like it? 

Cheers

rinkalicous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By rinkalicous

I loved it. It WAS super short, but I really enjoyed the different parts, and the slightly different feel playing with just one teammate gave it. Plus, She seems like a great character to have, though seeing as I've already beaten the game on Insane I'm never going to use her. 

Also, at the end (in the boss fight), the game 'glitches' and Shepard's mouth moves when Kasumi speaks and via versa, which I found funnier than I probably should have. 

All in all, definitely get it if you're still playing through the game. If you're not, you have to ask yourself whether an hour of content is worth 560 points to you. There are some really cool moments (the bad guy's safe is awesome) and the fighting is as fun as ever. I say go for it, but it's your call.

shaun832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By shaun832

I liked it but I was disappointed that it was only an hour long. It was good hour but it was only an hour.

iiNF3RNo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By iiNF3RNo

i enjoyed it alot. its a shame you cant have conversations with her though. i hope to see some more dlc soon or even an expansion pack 

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By luce

Why does she look like a sith?

Garrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Garrus
    @luce: I actually wonered whether that was some joke with Bioware because they made Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic. Dunno if that is the reason but its what I thought when I saw her close up.
    Raiden36O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Raiden36O

Its solid enough i guess. The quest is pretty good, one of the best missions in the game id say. But for 560 points its too short. If their had of been a mission to get Kasumi as well as the loyalty mission, so their would have been a total of at least 2 missions, then i would say its good value.  Unfortunately though there is only 1 mission.

If you are planning to replay through the game i would say its worth it, but if you have already completed the game on insane and theirs not really anything for you to do with her except this one mission, 560 points is a bit much. The extra SMG and research are not anything that special either.

I kind of regret getting it to be honest. The mission was over too quick and after it was over i was kind of just left with a feeling of 'is that it?'.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Jeust
    @Rinkalicous:

I bought it yesterday, but from what i've played i didn't like it too much. 

@iiNF3RNo said:
    " i enjoyed it alot. its a shame you cant have conversations with her though. i hope to see some more dlc soon or even an expansion pack  "
    I thought the same. It kind of loses interest when you can't have the branching conversations of the other main characters.  

But i haven't played the her mission so i can't say much yet. 
    jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jadegl

I enjoyed it. I wish that I hadn't already beaten the game proper so I could use her throughout the full game. I also wish I had had that awesome SMG in my original play through too. That with my inferno ammo is pretty epic. 
    I think it is worth the points for anyone who wants more Mass Effect and I would definitely get it if I was just getting into the game, just so I could have a bigger roster for the final mission. 

JiuJitsuka85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JiuJitsuka85

I loved it. Great idea of the investigation. The Vault interior has some nice things in it. Also the combat environments are cool and it's a nice bossfight.

8/10

britg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By britg

I enjoyed it quite a bit.  Kasumi's character is really well done from the limited exposure we get from this mission.  They didn't paint on the typical super-spy/assassin persona to her; instead she feels like a unique, fleshed out personality that happens to be a super-spy/assassin.

FalconCritical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FalconCritical

Downloaded it last night but haven't played it yet.  I'm not going to just go and get her with an endgame save, I'd rather start another character and then take her everywhere to see what she says.  She should be another valid choice for the vents in the final mission, no? Being a stealthy tech class, its right up her alley.

JiuJitsuka85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JiuJitsuka85

She'll be great for when ME3 comes along, and I want a perfect save for that game. ( Thus playing ME2 again, with all the DLC weapons and Characters ).
    I also really like her special ability, it's just awesome seeing her cloak and then suddenly de-cloak and rip someone to shreds!

smcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By smcn

Make sure you go and talk to her every once in awhile especially if you're on a new playthrough. She has a LOT of dialog, it's just unfortunate that it's randomized and will repeat. She will talk about all the squadmates before and after loyalty missions, secondary characters on the crew such as Chakwas and Gardner, and even some crew members who don't have names such as a security officer in the CIC she thinks is named "Bert".

If you were wonder where the $7 price tag comes from, that's probably it.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Animasta
    @luce said:
    " Why does she look like a sith? "
    she actually reminds me of visas marr from KOTOR 2 a lot, especially with her alt costume; she does have eyes though, so...
    Raiden36O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Raiden36O

I agree i wish instead of all this firewalker garbage and new character DLC with one mission they would just spend their time making a big expansion pack like oblivion did with Shivering isles.

Having these downloads with one little mission here and there feels so hollow, and as soon as your starting to get back into the world, it is over. I would rather wait and pay more for a big experience that really expands on the world and has alot of new missions/gear and stuff to do.

JiuJitsuka85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By JiuJitsuka85

Most people probably rushed through it after having finished the game, thus not getting any interaction. She probably feels more worthy of the 7$ if you complete the entire game with her.

woo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By woo

I played it yesterday, using an end-game save.

The mission is fun.  It has more of an old-bioware feel to it, as you run around and collect stuff to advance.

Intrepid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Intrepid

Bought it cause of the quick look and I'll mirror some of the sentiments here that it was too short and seemingly not worth the price of purchase.  But Bioware did a great job of integrating her character  in the other missions.  For example the mission in recruiting Samara, she provided her own little quips and even responds to the "You should disobey your superiors" segment where Shepard gets flak for sending peeps to suicide situations.  I'm keeping her on board for everything right now to see her reactions. 

FalconCritical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FalconCritical

Awesome, I was hoping that she would have comments throughout the game in the other recruitment missions and the like.  Considering an insanity playthrough with her along, her sneak attack punches through armor and health which is def useful.  Its good that she covers the vanguard problem of finding herself stuck amid enemies since she cloaks away again also.

Avatar image for apocalypselater
    ApocalypseLater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By ApocalypseLater

As much as I loved the game, playing the DLC after completing the campaign is a pretty empty experience.  I think it'll be more worth it on new playthroughs.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Capum15

I loved it. She's a great character, and the mission was pretty fun.

If anyone re-plays the game, make sure to have her in your ground team before you go into the C-Sec checkpoint at the citadel. That made me laugh.

SmacK1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24  Edited By SmacK1776

I though it was very entertaining. Some new flavor thrown into ME's quests. I'm not sure it was worth the $$$ though... 

FalconCritical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By FalconCritical
    @Capum15 said:
    " I loved it. She's a great character, and the mission was pretty fun.

If anyone re-plays the game, make sure to have her in your ground team before you go into the C-Sec checkpoint at the citadel. That made me laugh. "
    Totally did that, but Jacob just said something instead! :(
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

So I grabbed Kasumi and took it as a reason to put the last 15 hours into my 4th playthrough. She is so incredibly useful.  Flashbang is great at getting a knockdown on groups, and Shadow Strike does huge damage.  Overload, is of course, Overload, and as such she entirely useful when fighting Eclipse or mechs.  (Honestly, Infiltrator Shep, Kasumi and Thane probably made one of the most powerful combat teams I've come up with.  So much more synergy than my usual plan of Miranda+Garrus.)  She has some pretty interesting comments during missions (though never gets involved in conversations), and is a completely likable character.  People said that it seemed like Jacob was the only all-around likable, well-adjusted guy.  Kasumi is the most non-sociopathic, positive, and friendly character in the game.

Also, I finished up the endgame tonight.  Sent Kasumi through the ventilation shaft.  "Kasumi, you've got the tech ability to do the job."  No casualties.  I'm so impressed that DLC integrates with the endgame.  Awesome stuff.

Also, while she's in the ventilation shaft, she calls you "Shep" about six times.  I found this amusing in the extreme.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Capum15
    @FalconCritical:  Aww. She says something like, "I didn't touch anything, I swear!".

Little things like that make me fall in love with games.

@Brodehouse said:
    " Kasumi is the most non-sociopathic, positive, and friendly character in the game.  Also, I finished up the endgame tonight.  Sent Kasumi through the ventilation shaft.  "Kasumi, you've got the tech ability to do the job."  No casualties.  I'm so impressed that DLC integrates with the endgame.  Awesome stuff.  Also, while she's in the ventilation shaft, she calls you "Shep" about six times.  I found this amusing in the extreme. "

Yeah, for being a spy/thief, she's really well adjusted and nice compared to others (polar opposite of Zaeed/Grunt basically). She can do the vent stuff at the end, too? That's great to know.
    mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By mwng

She easily warrents the price tag if you're interested in playing through the whole game again. Although if you're just going to do her mission on an endgame save it seems a little on the short side.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29  Edited By veektarius

Kasumi is a good combat character and a decent written character and her mission was pretty fun, if not terribly believable (going down to the vault room without anyone noticing?)  What people don't seem to be mentioning when talking about the pack's value is how many goddamn characters you have in your party already.  It's not that I don't like the idea of new characters, but your ability to make use of the ones you already have - even if you only want the ones you're fond of - is so limited by the 2 companion squad that I feel that a new squad member is one of the least useful things they could have given me.  The gun is useful, though they've given us guns for free before, and the mission was all right, though not seven bucks all right.   I can't say that I won't buy any future DLC, but after thinking about it, about the only stuff I'd be interested is some meaningful story stuff added on after the endgame, instead of attempts to throw in interstitial content that necessarily doesn't have much bearing on the game's plot.

SonicFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SonicFire

More super-short bioware DLC....shocker. 

Well, I still bought it. I think she was better and much more fleshed out than zaeed, but still pretty weak. For the life of me, I don't know why Bioware can make huge main games but not ONE substantial piece of DLC. And no, there's not ONE piece of substantial Bioware DLC from this generation. 

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By veektarius
    @SonicFire:  I would take half of Zaeed over Kasumi.  He is the best-acted character in the game.  
    SonicFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SonicFire
    @Veektarius said:
    " @SonicFire:  I would take half of Zaeed over Kasumi.  He is the best-acted character in the game.   "

Hah, well, as for me, I just didn't care for Zaeed. Heck, even the paragon options want the player to punch him!
    Euey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#33  Edited By Euey

The pricing is a little off. I really appreciated the free DLC but weirdly enough I would have been happier if some of the free stuff had been held back & packaged together with Kasumi for the same price. You can see that a lot of work went into creating a fun package. The environments, story & Kasumi herself are all excellent but an awful lot of people will have already completed the game by now & giving us a new character at this stage is, to be honest, a bit pointless as we're unlikely to use her for anything other than this mission. Bioware, if you're reading this, new characters need to come within a week or two of launch. Any time after that, gotta be more missions. Thankyouplease! 

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By veektarius
    @SonicFire:  The paragon option wants you to punch him because he's a renegade character!
    FalconCritical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By FalconCritical

I quite liked Zaeed as well, and once you did his loyalty mission and find out about his past, it was cool to see they integrated that with scenarios in the game.  Okay that was vague.  If you take Zaeed to get Archangel, and go into the Blue Suns planning room - the leader there recognises him and they have an interchange.  I like the fact that they didn't just say "he was a founder of the blue suns but none of the suns know it".  Kasumi's character better fits this bill, its her job not to be seen/recognised.

Thinking of a Zaeed/Kasumi playthrough at the moment. Can't take Miranda she's such a conversation/comment hog!

Tornac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36  Edited By Tornac

I liked that James Bond style mission, but it kind of sucks that you can't talk to Kasumi outside of the storyline. It's like BioWare doesn't get that people want more character development.

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Aus_azn

She's a good character, but not worth the money or time.

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Deusoma
    @Laketown said:
    " @luce said:
    " Why does she look like a sith? "
    she actually reminds me of visas marr from KOTOR 2 a lot, especially with her alt costume; she does have eyes though, so... "
    I thought the same thing when I saw her. I also thought that her last name, Goto, was a reference to the G0-T0 droid that joined the party in KOTOR 2, but that game was by Obsidian, not BioWare. :P
    Liam_mk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Liam_mk

I'm gonna wait and see what Bioware says about her role in ME3 before I buy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.