Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

OXM Article: Worth It?

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By TheKidNixon

So I saw at the drugstore today that there is a blurb on the Official X-Box Magazine about Mass Effect 2. Now usually I'm not one to buy magazines for a single article; I figure most of that information will come out eventually on the net. But...well, its Mass Effect 2, far and away my most anticipated game period at the moment.

So anyone know if there's anything in there worth reading? Or is it mostly just the information that was at the GDC presentation? OXM is a pricey magazine thanks to the demo disk and I would feel silly buying it only to get a bunch of info I already know.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
    deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I'm not sure about the information in the magazine, but how long will it take before that information is spread amongst the internet anyway? Just wait and save your money. Knowing more information on Mass Effect 2 isn't going to change anything in the long run.

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By TheKidNixon

The funny part is that in some sort of nebulous way, I know that. But the other part of me was like "OH NEAT! ME2! DO WANT!"

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By RHCPfan24

I read the article and there is not a huge deluge of info worth dying over. Basically, it is a dissection of the trailer and the dudes at OXM ask a few questions to Bioware and they answer them...vaguely. It is more of a "hey this game looks awesome!" than real info.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Pibo47

ME2??? I want anything on that game!

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
    deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

TheKidNixon said:
    "The funny part is that in some sort of nebulous way, I know that. But the other part of me was like "OH NEAT! ME2! DO WANT!""
    Lol, yeah I enjoyed Mass Effect a lot too. Sequel should be interesting.
    BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By BigBoss1911

I used to have a subscription to them,they were a pretty good mag back then but not sure now.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Just wait until the info makes it onto the internet. Which will be 10 seconds after the first copy of the magazine is received by anyone.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By pause422

Seeing as OXM is shit, I would say no.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.