The greatest thing in this game? *Mordin loyalty spoilers*

Avatar image for mokhann
#1 Posted by mokhann (3232 posts) -

Mordin singing Gilbert and Sullivan. Yes. Possibly one of the funniest things I've seen in a game.

Avatar image for gosukiller
#2 Posted by gosukiller (2340 posts) -

I'd say Joker doing the Robot trying to mock Legion, and the entire dialogue with Conrad Verner come pretty close, but still.
The whole Mordin character is both extremely hilarious, but also very serious, two qualities hard to mix.

Avatar image for joeybagad0nutz
#3 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1498 posts) -
@gosukiller said:
"I'd say Joker doing the Robot trying to mock Legion, and the entire dialogue with Conrad Verner come pretty close, but still. The whole Mordin character is both extremely hilarious, but also very serious, two qualities hard to mix. "

Conrad Verner? WHERE WAS HE???
Avatar image for rjayb89
#4 Posted by rjayb89 (7811 posts) -
@JoeRiccadonna: Illium.
Avatar image for imperiousrix
#5 Posted by ImperiousRix (3095 posts) -
@rjayb89 said:
" @JoeRiccadonna: Illium. "
Yeah, in the Eternity Lounge.  He's harassing the barkeep.
Avatar image for joeybagad0nutz
#6 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1498 posts) -

Thanks. I was looking for him on the Citadel and could not find him. lol.
Avatar image for toma
#7 Posted by TomA (2787 posts) -

How do u get him to sing?

Avatar image for mokhann
#8 Posted by mokhann (3232 posts) -
Avatar image for novyx
#9 Posted by Novyx (483 posts) -
@gosukiller:
What about walking in and seeing legion actually doing the robot? I was actually confused by that when I first saw that. Can't remember if that was endgame, or after-finish continue.
Avatar image for kyreo
#10 Edited by Kyreo (4682 posts) -

I disagree.  The funniest thing in ME2 is when you're in The Citadel (or Illium) and there is an audio advertisement for a movie starring the galaxies first Hanar Spectre.   Lines Like this are said by the Hanar. 
 
-----"This one does not have time for your solid waste excrement." 
 
------"This one does not recall if its thermal is empty.  This one wonders if the humanoid is feeling fortunate." 
 
I lulled hard at this....

Avatar image for redroach
#11 Posted by RedRoach (1401 posts) -

my favorite part was on the same quest, when you run into the krogan scout. he thinks he is a failure and you start tricking him into thinking he's badass. " it would take a badass to get back to camp on foot with wounds such as youra."

Avatar image for carlthenimrod
#12 Posted by carlthenimrod (1616 posts) -

 Mordin singing was priceless. The games salesman on the Citadel had me cracking up with some of his lines.

Avatar image for nelander
#13 Posted by Nelander (188 posts) -

I loved Mordin singing followed by the advertising, Shepard you have been dead, maybe it it is time to consider a burial robe....

Avatar image for cirdain
#14 Posted by Cirdain (3782 posts) -
@Khann@gosukiller:
@TomA:
@carlthenimrod:
said:

" Mordin singing Gilbert and Sullivan. Yes. Possibly one of the funniest things I've seen in a game. "

 
  Yes
 
@Nelander said:
" I loved Mordin singing followed by the advertising, Shepard you have been dead, maybe it it is time to consider a burial robe.... "

Yeah that made me lol
Avatar image for therabidfrog
#15 Posted by therabidfrog (361 posts) -
@Cirdain said:

" @Khann@gosukiller:
@TomA:
@carlthenimrod:
said:

" Mordin singing Gilbert and Sullivan. Yes. Possibly one of the funniest things I've seen in a game. "

 
  Yes
 
@Nelander said:

" I loved Mordin singing followed by the advertising, Shepard you have been dead, maybe it it is time to consider a burial robe.... "

Yeah that made me lol "
OK now I have to play this.
Avatar image for capum15
#16 Edited by Capum15 (5755 posts) -

Almost anything Tali says when she uses that Tech drone thing is good.
 
"Remember, aim for the optics!" I can never understand what she calls it though. Still funny.
 
I love this game and all the little things. One of the best things that happened to me was running into that Asari who had the fucking Rachni talk to me through her. That was awesome. Gives me hope for them in ME3.
 
Edit: Okay, Joker is one of the best things about this game. I love all his comments, "So, Commander, even your Asari are trained killers? You get everyone at the same store or something?" and "Well, Garrus finally took that stick out of his butt, but now he's beating people to death with it. Can't believe I liked the old Garrus better." were awesome.

Avatar image for diamond
#17 Edited by Diamond (8678 posts) -
@Khann: That was my favorite part so far, not because it was extremely funny, but just because it was really well written and acted.
 
It actually felt in-character.  I'm kind of surprised I think Mordin is one of my favorite characters in the game.
Avatar image for nexas
#18 Posted by nexas (644 posts) -

I liked it when Mordin gave me save sex advice for my relationship with Tali 
 
  

Avatar image for noxious
#19 Posted by NoXious (1365 posts) -

Relationship talk about Garrus is hilarious too, basically tells you to not swallow :-/

I personally love the Baldur's Gate series references the most,  Tali's "Go for the optics!" and the Space Hamster.
When used the hamster even plays the sound effect you hear when you tried to remove Boo from Minsc's inventory!

Avatar image for james0890
#20 Posted by James0890 (71 posts) -

"I like seeing Humans on their knees... that was a joke."

Avatar image for rohanspear345
#21 Posted by rohanspear345 (362 posts) -

lol i love the little cough after mordin sings

Avatar image for joeybagad0nutz
#22 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1498 posts) -
@ImperiousRix said:
"@rjayb89 said:
" @JoeRiccadonna: Illium. "
Yeah, in the Eternity Lounge.  He's harassing the barkeep. "

Yea I still can't find him..
Avatar image for jmrwacko
#23 Edited by jmrwacko (2537 posts) -
Avatar image for chriskelly123
#24 Posted by chriskelly123 (170 posts) -

i was reading this thread as i somehow didnt get the song from mordin and he started giving me sex advice with miranda......... i was actually had to pick my jaw up from the ground i laughed so hard xD

Avatar image for mrmuscle
#25 Edited by MrMuscle (497 posts) -

Joker has some fantastic lines. 
 
"I'm glad that mess is over for Tali, Commander. Some of those quarians… I guess living aboard a ship can really mess with your priorities? Not that I would know… ah, I just burned myself. Great."  
 

"You know what pisses me off? Calling this the cockpit. Alliance ships have bridges. Asari ships have cockpits. Oh wait. No they don't."    

"Why is it always claw and guns? Why can't we piss off a fuzzy planet? Still dangerous, but hey, bunnies."     

Avatar image for kyrieee
#26 Posted by kyrieee (381 posts) -
@MrMuscle said:
"
Joker has some fantastic lines. 
 
"I'm glad that mess is over for Tali, Commander. Some of those quarians… I guess living aboard a ship can really mess with your priorities? Not that I would know… ah, I just burned myself. Great."  
 

"You know what pisses me off? Calling this the cockpit. Alliance ships have bridges. Asari ships have cockpits. Oh wait. No they don't."    

"Why is it always claw and guns? Why can't we piss off a fuzzy planet? Still dangerous, but hey, bunnies."     

"

Whaaat?

I've never heard any of those!

Avatar image for mrmuscle
#27 Posted by MrMuscle (497 posts) -
@kyrieee said:
"@MrMuscle said:
"
Joker has some fantastic lines. 
 
"I'm glad that mess is over for Tali, Commander. Some of those quarians… I guess living aboard a ship can really mess with your priorities? Not that I would know… ah, I just burned myself. Great."  
 

"You know what pisses me off? Calling this the cockpit. Alliance ships have bridges. Asari ships have cockpits. Oh wait. No they don't."    

"Why is it always claw and guns? Why can't we piss off a fuzzy planet? Still dangerous, but hey, bunnies."     

"

Whaaat?

I've never heard any of those!

"

If you just stand behind joker for a short while he will say 4 comments. First will be something about running the ship and the last 3 will be comical. For instance: 
 
  • "EDI, we've got venting from the number 16 lithium heat sink."
  • (sigh) "If Mom could see me now, we'd have zombies on top of everything else."
  • "Why is it always claw and guns? Why can't we piss off a fuzzy planet? Still dangerous, but hey, bunnies."
  • "Know what I hate about deep space? Crap radio stations from two centuries back. Gosh, we were idiots."
  • This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

    Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

    Comment and Save

    Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.