Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect

Franchise »

Mass Effect is a science fiction franchise created by BioWare. The main games follow the adventures of Commander Shepard, the first human Spectre, as he/she tries to protect the galaxy from an ancient and malevolent alien race.

Mass Effect (and Dragon Age) Early Stage Concept Art/Ideas

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MarkWahlberg

Eurogamer has an article pointing to artist Matt Rhodes' blog, where he recently put up some early conceptual character designs and talks about some of the ideas that got tossed around in the early stages, and throws in some DA art for good measure. It's some pretty cool stuff. One of the things that stood out to me is he discusses an abandoned Nietzschean twist where Shepard begins to slowly adopt Reaper tech (ala Saren) and is confronted by Ashley/Kaiden. I don't know if anyone remembers, but in the early days when they announced the very first game, there was a bigger focus on organic vs. mechanical beings - in particular, they talked about how you could enhance your character with cybernetics and stuff, and the game would examine how far you could go while still calling yourself human.

In any case, the artwork is definitely worth a look-see, so go check it out. If nothing else, know that Mass Effect 2 came this close to having a legit fetus-assed Robo-Fetus as a Final Boss, instead of just a giant Terminator manbaby.

No Caption Provided

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Jeust

Interesting!

I had prefered that this was Tali's face

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.