Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect

Franchise »

Mass Effect is a science fiction franchise created by BioWare. The main games follow the adventures of Commander Shepard, the first human Spectre, as he/she tries to protect the galaxy from an ancient and malevolent alien race.

Yo Check Out My Sweet Fan Vid Thingy

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By MarkWahlberg

I spent an embarrassing amount of time this weekend making a little Mass Effect video (dear god I need sleeeep), and posting it here seemed like the appropriate thing to do. Nothing too fancy, but I had fun putting it together. Video editing is one of those things that seems like it would be boring and monotonous, but I actually kind of enjoy it. I guess I just like fiddling with stuff, even if I did have to use fucking iMovie garbage piece of shit glaskdhljashgd.... Sorry. Anyway, here it is if you'd like to see it.

I got the idea to use that song from the intro credits to Strike Back (which is probably one of my favorite openings ever, even if the show isn't that great). If you look it up you'll notice the cut I used is essentially the same, but I actually had to make my own version instead of just ripping the audio from that, just to get it all lined up properly. The only other big difficulty in making this is that I actually haven't played Mass Effect 3 yet, so while I wanted to get at least some footage from that I had to be careful to avoid spoiling anything, which I think I was able to do fairly well.

So yeah. Video games, everybody!

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By MarkWahlberg

I spent an embarrassing amount of time this weekend making a little Mass Effect video (dear god I need sleeeep), and posting it here seemed like the appropriate thing to do. Nothing too fancy, but I had fun putting it together. Video editing is one of those things that seems like it would be boring and monotonous, but I actually kind of enjoy it. I guess I just like fiddling with stuff, even if I did have to use fucking iMovie garbage piece of shit glaskdhljashgd.... Sorry. Anyway, here it is if you'd like to see it.

I got the idea to use that song from the intro credits to Strike Back (which is probably one of my favorite openings ever, even if the show isn't that great). If you look it up you'll notice the cut I used is essentially the same, but I actually had to make my own version instead of just ripping the audio from that, just to get it all lined up properly. The only other big difficulty in making this is that I actually haven't played Mass Effect 3 yet, so while I wanted to get at least some footage from that I had to be careful to avoid spoiling anything, which I think I was able to do fairly well.

So yeah. Video games, everybody!

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By kindgineer

That was actually extremely well done.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By csl316

Man, those games are awesome. Good job.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Tylea002

SHIT YO THAT'S THE BORDERLANDS MUSIC.

But that's a decently edited video.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MarkWahlberg

@Tylea002: Did they use that in Borderlands? Not surprised, it's kind of a badass song. The Heavy seem to have a thing for making songs that are perfect for trailers n stuff.

@ck1nd: @csl316: thanks duders!

tamriilin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By tamriilin

Holy shit. You have taken two of my favorite things and fused them together: Mass Effect, and great music.

I... Kind of want to meet you in person so I can give you a high five over and over again.

So rad.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MarkWahlberg

@tamriilin:

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.