Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 20, 2007

Humanity is still a newcomer on the futuristic galactic stage, and it's up to the charismatic Commander Shepard to investigate the actions of a rogue agent while under threat from a dangerous synthetic race known as the Geth.

Mass Effect for the non-RPG guy - Round 2!

Cheapoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Cheapoz

So, Benezia gave me hell and I stopped playing for a week. Last night I picked it back up, dialed the difficulty back down to casual, played the game patiently and used talents (that's what they called?) and hot damn shot the hell out of her.

AND NOW I LOVE THIS GAME

Spent the next 3 hours going all over the universe. Epic fun. You know how I hated loot? I friggin love loot! New guns! New ammo! New upgrades that I'll probably never use but they're NEW!

Now, question time RPG fans:

1. Currently I'm putting all my talent points into 'spectre', and 'charm' - is that a good start?
    2. I'm also only ever taking Tali and Williams with me, I'm putting all the techy stuff into Tali and making Williams liquid death, a tank of the highest order. Is there any reason I should ever take other squad members with me if I just skill these two up? Or do other squad members have unique abilities
    3. Since the game treated me like a jerk, I'm treating everyone in the game like a jerk too. Always telling people to shut up or die. My renegade points are off the hook but am I missing out on anything? I seem to still be getting things done, after I tell someone to shut up they usually say "oh well, I'll wait here to see if you do it anyway".

Oh, but I'm always nice to Williams, how could you not be nice to that HIDEOUS WEIRD EYE-BULGING FACE?!! Seriously she creeps me out. Thanks for the help!
    Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Red

Well, it depends on your class. If you're an Adept, you're doing great with your party, but you should start spending your points in Basic Armor until you unlock pistols, then go for Pistols. Invest in Throw until you get Lift, then go for Lift. Then Warp until you get Singularity, and invest in Singularity.

Cheapoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Cheapoz

Ahh... I *think* I'm a soldier.

Why use ever pistols? I've used the Assault rifle, sniper and shotgun all at times... but what do Pistols have to offer?
    insanejedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By insanejedi

Williams might be a bit redundant if you are a soldier, because she is one too. It doesn't matter if you bulk up on those two anyways because XP is shared throughout the whole crew encouraging you to bring out any other party members.

If you are going renegade invest in Intimidate instead, charm is for Paragon. Spectre is a good all around choice though, can't go wrong. Remember though the more paragon or renegade points you get, the more Charm and Intimidate you get along with it. Invest in a little of every weapon though, full assault rifle and pistol is unecessary though, but Execute and more sniper skills is a god send.

Oh also invest in adrenaline because it allows you to recover all your moves in one shot (except adrenaline of course). Useful for healing and bringing your dudes from the grave. Invest in Williams Shotgun and sniper abilities, because the sniper rifle is really effective for the AI, and the plasma burst from the shotgun can come in handy. She should also be the medic, give her all the first aid skills, you don't need all 3 party members to have first aid.

Cheapoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Cheapoz

Good help, thanks!

The reason I wanted another soldier with me was because I got so frustrated fighting Benezia, I figured if I was to get in another combat situation I couldn't pass I didn't want to get stuck and frustrated again.

I'll have to start making notes...

Oh, and if Williams is my medic, is there one or two particulars I should be investing Tali in?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.