Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Max Payne 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 15, 2012

The long-awaited third Max Payne game finally arrived in May 2012, courtesy of Rockstar Vancouver. Eight years after the end of Max Payne 2, an aging, burnt-out Max finds one last chance to redeem himself while working as a bodyguard for a rich family in Brazil.

Glitchiest game I've ever played

• 68 results
    louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By louiedog

PS3 here. One framerate stutter during bullet time and one ragdoll freakout on a corpse. The first was mildly annoying and the second was kind of funny. Playing on the PS3. If I noticed the one time a rag doll screwed up it must be a pretty bug free game, at least on my end. YMMV.

mustachio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By mustachio

Game seems perfectly fine to me:

No Caption Provided
    stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By stryker1121

@WVUEers: Sounds like a console in its death throes tbh. I don't have the game, but I've not seen anything glitch-related regarding MP3.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#54  Edited By project343

@WVUEers: Let me solve this issue for you. Go here. And follow the purchasing steps. Then insert the disk into your console.

I love a good buggy game. I love a good janky game. It's usually sort of charming in an 'aww, so adorably low budget!'-kind of way. But I have my limits. This was it.

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By jonnyboy

Play Dead Island. It'll make playing Max Payne 3 seem like a walk in a fluffy marshmallow park.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By intro

@CaLe said:

I fell through the world in the first 10 minutes of playing. Then proceeded through the rest of the game without a single issue.

That happened to me in Assassins Creed Brotherhood. Literally the first time you're about to fight, I just fell through the ground lol. Rest of the game worked though.

ItsPozer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By ItsPozer

im playing it on the PC and never had an issue yet. unreal game.

craftpug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By craftpug

Definitely experiencing some issues on PS3. Most noticeably, during the bar scene in Jersey, I completely audio on the dialogue.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#59  Edited By toowalrus

Played through the whole thing on the PC without issue. Also:@Subjugation said:

Glitchiest ever? You need to play more Bethesda games.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By BestUsernameEver

@WVUEers said:

For what it's worth I'm enjoying the game for what it is, that said, holy shit how did this get put out like this?

Early in the game i had a few cut scenes with no audible dialogue, and every time i'd enter bullet mode the sound would stutter. As the game progressed I experienced a few more hiccups in dialogue missing, game freezing, and sound flat out cutting out. Probably the most frustrating one of them all was when i had played a sequence over 4-5 times and finally beaten it, I get introduced to a pretty cut scene and bam frozen. Now I'm stuck again. Kind of makes me not want to finish the game...

Anyone else have some issues? I've seen some high quality glitchy games before but never one as game breaking as this.

I've had that exact audio issue, where you can only hear the ambient noises and music. But after about 20 seconds it went away. Also I have a very prominent glitch where you get out of cover to shoot, and the gun does nothing, so I am just point a gun and it reacts like I am shooting, but doesn't shoot anything.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By BestUsernameEver

@ShaggE said:

I had zero glitches on my first playthrough, and now I'm hitting a bunch of them. No gamebreakers, but it's weird just the same.

Theres a funny one when I go into jump forward bullet time, if I hit a curb or a low object I shoot to the top of the ceiling and freeze in animation. It's only funny because after 5 seconds of fetal position in the middle of outer space, max payne shoots back into his laying position shooting enemies like nothing happened.

Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Twiggy199

Not had one problem on Xbox.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Played through it 1½ times so far on the 360 and quite a few hours of multiplayer, no glitches or anything so far.

DelroyLindo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By DelroyLindo

on Chapter 10 and haven't experienced a single glitch (xbox)

Frag_Maniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Frag_Maniac

More likely X marks the Box than the game. It's not the best system design around and RRoD and other issues from over heating and such are common.

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#66  Edited By DJJoeJoe

I've had no issues with the game so far with 20+ hours or so, I even am using on-board sound which usually if anything will cause 'some' sort of small hiccups with audio here and there. Nothing that I noticed with my speakers or when I'd use my headphones sometimes. Can't think of any bugs/glitches or anything during my time with the game really, it's been pretty smooth. The game crashed once when I was fiddling around changing settings and resolutions often since on release it wasn't using the correct aspect ratio (16:10) when going into fullscreen so I was doing a lot of entering and exiting fullscreen while changing settings (windows sometimes hates that, and insists my pc can run better if it forces the THEME to basic... dumb windows...)

Frag_Maniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Frag_Maniac

I got no glitches other than the normal no chance Last Stand now and then after completing it on all difficulty levels and getting platinum on all Score Attack chapters. Lately though some weird things are happening in New York Minute. It seems many that are going through the New York Minute challenges and esp New York Minute Hardcore are having issues with cutscenes and textures not loading properly, weird AI bugs, etc.

I did have just one of them happen on chapter 8 in Score Attack though. After shooting the guy trying to crash through the gate and run you over, Passos decides to go through that gate and just took off. I was left not being able to move with no HUD showing. In New York Minute though I've lately had weird problems getting stuck on the top of the roof of the last room before going down the fire escape to the garage shootout in the first New Jersey chapter, and textures being very slow to appear in one spot in chapter 7.

The big warehouse in chapter 7 can also be slow to load textures. These two spots in chapter 7 were identical to the texture loading problems I saw on one guy's NYM vid on an Xbox, so it appears to be a cross platform problem. The latest one I've noticed is on the Panama chapter, Max's pants suddenly had a big portion of them sticking out like a wing from his left hip after sticking to cover at the back of the boat. It's the start of the deck battle right after you shut the valves off to put out the fire. Reloading the checkpoint didn't correct it. So I quit the game, rebooted, then it was fixed when I went back in game.

I've suspected all along after getting this game that the RAGE engine cannot load and stream cutscene textures very efficiently, but in NYM it appears to extend into the game textures as well. My guess is the constant failing then replaying in arcade mode is a bit hard on the engine. If that's the case I doubt it will be fixed until their next title because engine tweaks can take some time. Some are having such severe problems in NYM Hardcore though that they cannot progress beyond a certain point due to glitches, so they should at least TRY to fix it.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#68  Edited By BraveToaster

I just picked this up for the 360 and it is still buggy. The game freezes in different sections in the beginning of the game. I fell through the map and then I was later stuck on a helipad and the only thing I could do was spin in circles. I cleaned my disk and the results are the same. It's a damn shame for a game to still have these issues 3 months 1 week after its release.

Avatar image for tinygrasshopper
    TinyGrasshopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#69  Edited By TinyGrasshopper

@Mustachio said:

No Caption Provided

Game seems perfectly fine to me:

wow, literally the exact same thing happened to me on the PC version. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=119566260

Yes, this game is buggy. Crashes, more frequently than it should. Look at the steam community hub and there's lots of screenshots that look just like this one, of people falling through the world, bodies floating in the air, all that stuff. I would also get a bug when playing on the mouse and keyboard where he would get stuck to a piece of low cover and start stuttering in his animation, basically stuck. Not to mention you have to manually go looking for the Rockstar Social Club application to install it separately in order for the game to load properly.

All in all I was disappointed in this game. Buggy and the shooting didn't feel good. Felt like GTA not Max Payne. Made me overly cautious. When I play a Max Payne, I expect to be shootdodging constantly, not hiding timidly behind a wall.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.