Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Max Payne 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 15, 2012

The long-awaited third Max Payne game finally arrived in May 2012, courtesy of Rockstar Vancouver. Eight years after the end of Max Payne 2, an aging, burnt-out Max finds one last chance to redeem himself while working as a bodyguard for a rich family in Brazil.

Official site relaunch | New video, new screens, new quotes

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By fjordson

http://www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne3/

New screens below. There's also a short new video focusing on the 608 Bull revolver in the "features" section.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

But probably the best part about the new site are the quotes that show up in the bottom left when a new page loads. Presumably they're lines of dialogue spoken by Max.

"When had I ever needed to invite trouble in? It always found me, no matter where I hid."

"I didn't know what to think any more. This town had more smoke and mirrors than a strip club locker room."

"She was hot and wanted to be dangerous. Some good genes trying to fight their way out of a cesspit."

"I couldn't understand them, but I didn't have to. Cheap hoods are the same from here to Timbuktu."

"These bastards made the NYPD look like the Hari Krishnas."

"First day off the sauce, and somehow I'd still ended up in the gutter."

"So this was it, my easy retirement money. My blood-stained 401K."

Gotta say, those sound pretty great. Vintage Max dialogue. Really glad that Rockstar is keeping with the first-person noir monologues from the first two games.

CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By CptChiken

Ive never really been into max payne. maybe this time i will take a closer look. 

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By fjordson

More new screens!

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Can't wait.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Seppli

I bloody love Rockstar's hype machine. They got it figured out. It informs and excites and oozes professionalism. Anybody can play a Rockstar game without being ashamed about it.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By NTM

Just recently I had beaten the original Max Payne, I have it on PC and Xbox, and had them for a very long time, but back in the day, I got stuck on one part and never went back. It was a mistake because all I had to do was shoot one little area and then I could proceed. I've beaten Max Payne 2 on Xbox a couple of times and once on PC. It may be because it's old now, but the original didn't feel terribly great when I beat it when I put it in my 360, but that may have not helped the experience since it's slower that way.

I do like it though, and I love the sequel. I think this game is looking fantastic, and I'm extremely excited about it. If anyone were to take the job of making another Max Payne, I'm glad Rockstar got it. I should re-install the original Max Payne on my laptop and go through it. I kind of played it the worst way possible, aside from the PS2 version. If the music isn't like the originals, I can totally imagine them going with a more intense cinematic approach. A song like Everybody Runs! may fit.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By pweidman

God I loved the first Max Payne. Hopefully this game can really capture that desperate mood and feel.

And yes, R* has got the PR/hypetrain thing completely dialed in, especially so since RDR.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I'm... afraid I've lost interest. In the massive anticipation I had for MP3, I played and beat both MP games again in 14 hours (total) last week. Sadly doing that killed any hope I had in MP3. 
    A 2012 Rockstar game is simply impossible to deliver the vibe, story and subtle level design of Remedy's two masterpieces, so I'm afraid I'm not interested in Max Payne 3 anymore. 

@Fjordson said:

Did you snatch that from this thread?
    fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By fjordson

Nah, I saw the gif on NeoGAF.

And it'll be interesting to see if they can nail the level design. Linear levels aren't within Rockstar's usual area of expertise, but I'm optimistic. As far as vibe and story, I think Rockstar is easily Remedy's match with stuff like that. I love Sam Lake as much as the next guy, but Dan Houser is one of the best writers in the business and those quotes on the site sound like quintessential Max Payne dialogue.

Most people forget that Rockstar's been around this franchise for a decade now, publishing the second game and doing some port work for the console versions. I'm betting people will be surprised at how well they capture the character of the first two MP games.

diabloshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By diabloshadow

I'm interested but skeptical. The gameplay seems amazing, the graphics look great, a serious improvement thinking back how it originally looked (yes I'm aware that first one came out over 10 years ago but still). My only problem is that the story itself looks more action cop with a bit of a mean streak and a past, and not the dark, film noire piece that embodied the first two games. More Die Hard than Matlese Falcon. And that doesn't make it a bad game, I'm very sure that this will be an excellent game. But it seems to me like they originally were just making a shooter than was in the same style of the first two Max Payne games and then just thought to add in the MP name for brand recognition and nostalgia points.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.