Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Max Payne 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 15, 2012

The long-awaited third Max Payne game finally arrived in May 2012, courtesy of Rockstar Vancouver. Eight years after the end of Max Payne 2, an aging, burnt-out Max finds one last chance to redeem himself while working as a bodyguard for a rich family in Brazil.

Solution to social club activation issues on PC

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By zidd

If you are unable to activate your game and see this message pop up restart the game don't touch any buttons and wait for the social club notification to pop up in the to right corner of the screen and then sign into rockstar social club and your game will activate.

mr_ace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mr_ace

lol, if only i got that far, my game crashes before you even get past the legal screen...

Robinszoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Robinszoon

I have the exact same problem, but your solution didn't work. I also don't quite understand what you mean. How should waiting for the notification make a difference to the error?

Thanks anyways for your input.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Subjugation

Funny how the people who have cracked their game are avoiding this problem and those who stick with the retail .exe are dealing with this headache. Seems pretty backwards huh?

Robinszoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Robinszoon

If I crack this game, am I still able to activate it with my key and play online? If that's the case, I know what I'm gonna do.

Subbeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Subbeh

Cracking it didn't give me the option to enter the key, it did however make the game work. Ive since uninstalled but am considering just cracking it again and getting on with it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.