Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Max Payne

Franchise »

This stylish noir thriller series developed by Remedy relies heavily on 'Bullet Time' and sees the player on a quest for revenge.

Dreams have a nasty habit of going bad when you're not looking.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HandsomeDead

Remember we were all looking forward to the Max Payne film? Well, the first review of Max Payne is in and it is not good, apparently. Taken from Kotaku who took it from AICN:

Then the reality of the film began to seep in. Horrid dialogue, surprisingly bad acting across the board, and some really dodgy sound editing — have you ever noticed sound editing before? ...me neither — helped to drive an already sub-standard plot further into the ground...

Nobody comes out of this thing looking good. The damn thing's 85 minutes and you swear you've been in there for about two and a half hours by the time it's over. All the buzz you've been hearing about how this film is good is coming from people whose jobs depend on it making money. Do not give it the time of day.

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Coltonio7

85 Minutes....dude....Well I wasn't planning on seeing it anyway, but 85 minutes! Pah!

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Absurd

That reviewer seems like an ass, "Do not give it the time of day". Don't give me commands, You filthy film reviewer.

Balls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Balls
    HandsomeDead said:
    "Remember we were all looking forward to the Max Payne film? Well, the first review of Max Payne is in and it is not good, apparently. Taken from Kotaku who took it from AICN:

Then the reality of the film began to seep in. Horrid dialogue, surprisingly bad acting across the board, and some really dodgy sound editing — have you ever noticed sound editing before? ...me neither — helped to drive an already sub-standard plot further into the ground...

Nobody comes out of this thing looking good. The damn thing's 85 minutes and you swear you've been in there for about two and a half hours by the time it's over. All the buzz you've been hearing about how this film is good is coming from people whose jobs depend on it making money. Do not give it the time of day.

"
    Well there's the clincher, if you were waiting for the Max Payne movie than you do have shit taste. GTFO.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HandsomeDead

I am still looking forward to it myself but I do feel that getting rid of Vinnie Gognitti and messing round with Jack Lupino and Jim Bravura will be part of its undoing.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Milkman

Dude, it's rated PG-13. How do you make a game based on motherfucking Max Payne and have it rated PG-13? Fuck this movie. I could go on all day with what is wrong with this move without even seeing it.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pause422
    Milkman said:
    "Dude, it's rated PG-13. How do you make a game based on motherfucking Max Payne and have it rated PG-13? Fuck this movie. I could go on all day with what is wrong with this move without even seeing it."
    That was( on top of video game movies doing terrible in general so I expected this to as well) the defining point where I decided " uh, no." when I heard it was gonna be PG-13. Its absolutely ridiculous and definitely does not deserve "the time of day".
    Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Bulldog19892

It doesn't look all that great. It's too bad. At some point someone's has to make a good movie out of a game. They've made great movies out of books, and comics. Someone out there has to be able and willing to make a good movie from a game.

breton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By breton
    Milkman said:
    "Dude, it's rated PG-13. How do you make a game based on motherfucking Max Payne and have it rated PG-13? Fuck this movie. I could go on all day with what is wrong with this move without even seeing it."
    Well, it did get an R on it's initial review, if rating is all that matters to you.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By pause422

Which is how it should of stayed, the fact that Moore was pissed about this and scaled it to a PG-13 is part of what makes it pointless in seeing this piece of shit. What a fucking idiot.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HandsomeDead
    Milkman said:
    PG-13 isn't so bad. If TDK can do it, i'm sure Max Payne could have. The problem is knowing it was R and then cut down because now, they're bound to make some shitty 'unrated' DVD edition.
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By Meowayne
    Bulldog19892 said:
    "It doesn't look all that great. It's too bad. At some point someone's has to make a good movie out of a game. They've made great movies out of books, and comics. Someone out there has to be able and willing to make a good movie from a game."
    The Tomb Raiders, Silent Hill, Spirits Within, Advent Children and the first Mortal Kombat are decent movies. Not outstanding, but decent. "Postal" is also supposed to actually be a good movie (for what it's trying to be), though I have a hard time believing that.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HandsomeDead

My thread was first so i'm bumping that bitch because i've just read an all new review taken from The A.V Club and taking it into consideration alongside its 00% on Rotten Tomatoes, I guess this film is busto. It's a shame really because there was a real swell in the community that this could be the tipping point where there's finally a good game to movie adaptation and people start taking it seriously. Maybe next time... yeah?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.