Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mech

Object » linked to 784 games

Mechs (or Mecha) are humanoid-like pilot driven vehicles often depicted in media as a combat machine. Early examples of Mech/Mecha in video games are often derived from early manga and anime as well as table-top games.

Robotech vs Zone of Enders vs Gundam

PokerJoey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PokerJoey

who makes the best mechs, which is the best series and most importantly if they all had a war who would win???

zhinse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By zhinse

Well, Robotech is a favorite for me, but zone of the Enders mechs are probably the most powerful. 

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Black_Rose

Robotech (specifically Super Dimension Fortress Macross). Also why isn't Evangelion included?  The evas could definitely kick asses, im not sure if it's considered mecha though

DorianBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By DorianBlack
    Black_Rose said:
    "Robotech (specifically Super Dimension Fortress Macross). Also why isn't Evangelion included?  The evas could definitely kick asses, im not sure if it's considered mecha though"
    Yeah whether or not EVAs are considered mechs is a fairly controversial subject.

I don't really like Zone of the Enders mechs, they don't look believable in reality to me and they basically just look like Metal Gear RAY. I'm not all that familiar with Macross but I do like the designs. I'm probably going to go with Gundam, although I go for more grunt MS like Zakus and whatnot. Has anyone seen Votoms? Some really great grunt mech designs in that and you could see them actually existing in real life.
    Robocop111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Robocop111

Am a cyborg, you have offended me sir.

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

ZoE mech are epic

Avatar image for optimusprime223
    optimusprime223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By optimusprime223

the EVA's are mechs, but would get totally wrecked by the veritechs of the robotech universe, gundams or the orbital frames. Remember teh EVA's are plugged in and can only operate for a short period with a detached cable. The others are self powered all the time, and can out manouver and over power the EVA's.

Would have to either the Gundams or the orbital frames would win and are the best. The Veritechs are cool and all, but gundams are supposedly almost indestructiable and the orbital frame is a one mech army in terms of weaponry.

Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Keeng

Orbital Frames all the way. Their only real competition would be some of the Gundams but ORs can get modular upgrades. Teleportation+Dual-wielded laser beam rifle=win.

Lemegeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Lemegeton
    Black_Rose said:
    "Robotech (specifically Super Dimension Fortress Macross). Also why isn't Evangelion included?  The evas could definitely kick asses, im not sure if it's considered mecha though"
    have to agree here. i love robotech but EVA unit 1 would pwn all their asses. i would def consider Evangelion mecha

Avatar image for theworstplayerever
    TheWorstPlayerEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Im gonna say that the Zone of the Enders Mechs would probably win. I really like Gundam but they aren't powerful enough with the possible exception of Wing Zero using his huge cannon. I think that the Macross mechs are cool but they wouldn't stand a chance. Maybe the Big O robots?

hungrynun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By hungrynun

Who wins again?

Oh yeah.
    Oh yeah.
    Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By Black_Rose
    optimusprime223 said:
    "the EVA's are mechs, but would get totally wrecked by the veritechs of the robotech universe, gundams or the orbital frames. Remember teh EVA's are plugged in and can only operate for a short period with a detached cable. The others are self powered all the time, and can out manouver and over power the EVA's.

Would have to either the Gundams or the orbital frames would win and are the best. The Veritechs are cool and all, but gundams are supposedly almost indestructiable and the orbital frame is a one mech army in terms of weaponry."
    But the EVAs have strange powers that normal mechs don't, that gives them a good chance
    Lemegeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lemegeton
    Black_Rose said:
    "optimusprime223 said:
    "the EVA's are mechs, but would get totally wrecked by the veritechs of the robotech universe, gundams or the orbital frames. Remember teh EVA's are plugged in and can only operate for a short period with a detached cable. The others are self powered all the time, and can out manouver and over power the EVA's.

Would have to either the Gundams or the orbital frames would win and are the best. The Veritechs are cool and all, but gundams are supposedly almost indestructiable and the orbital frame is a one mech army in terms of weaponry."
    But the EVAs have strange powers that normal mechs don't, that gives them a good chance"
    plus there were those times when they operated without power. The EVA's are not purely mechs, they have a mech outer shell that needs power, but that outer armor is there to contain and control the EVA itself which is an organic life form which can operate on its own.
    at least thats my understanding of them

Avatar image for optimusprime223
    optimusprime223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14  Edited By optimusprime223
    Lemegeton said:
    "Black_Rose said:
    "optimusprime223 said:

But the EVAs have strange powers that normal mechs don't, that gives them a good chance"
    plus there were those times when they operated without power. The EVA's are not purely mechs, they have a mech outer shell that needs power, but that outer armor is there to contain and control the EVA itself which is an organic life form which can operate on its own.
    at least thats my understanding of them

"
    What strange powers? the eva's can go beserk, thats about it. I agree they arent purely mechs and thier beserker is powerful, but it is nothing compared to the gundams or orbital frames, and they would be out manouvered every step of the way.
    Lemegeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Lemegeton

i never mentioned strange powers, i just stated that they can operate without being plugged in. but i suppose as cool as they are, they probably would not be able to keep up with the likes of a gundam.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.