Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Medal of Honor

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Oct 12, 2010

Step into the boots of Tier 1 Operatives Rabbit and Deuce in this modern take on EA's long-running Medal of Honor series; the game features separately-developed single player and multiplayer modes.

DICE should not be developing the multiplayer

illmatic19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By illmatic19

Huge mistake on EA's part. This game is being rushed out the door and I don't blame DICE.

DICE is working on Bad Company 2, the Vietnam expansion, and quite possibly Mirrors Edge 2. This should have been handled by Respawn Entertainment instead. 

They must have a fucking huge team.

s7evn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By s7evn

Hmm, Respawn would not want to work on this and you can't force them to since EA doesn't own them, and I think DICE agreed to work on it which makes it their problem. 

Sanryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Sanryd
    @illmatic19 said:

" This should have been handled by Respawn Entertainment instead.   They must have a fucking huge team. "

Maybe, but personally, I would rather have it turn out like what I've played of the beta than MW3.
    djm323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By djm323
    @tdk08 said:
    " @illmatic19 said:
    " This should have been handled by Respawn Entertainment instead.   They must have a fucking huge team. "
    Maybe, but personally, I would rather have it turn out like what I've played of the beta rather than MW3. "
    Pretty much. I don't think taking the talent at Respawn and putting them to work on a MoH remake would have been smart at all. Think about it, these are (mostly) the same guys who did MW1, which pretty much changed the face of FPS multiplayer since 2007. EVERYBODY is doing perks/killstreaks now, and that isn't really a bad thing. I will definitely be checking out whatever it is they are making, as long as it isn't space related and Halo-y. I prefer the "feel" of shooting actual guns that use bullets, not plasma or what have you.
    Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Gizmo

Dude, if anyone was more eligible for making a Medal Of Honor reboot, it would be the staff members of Respawn Entertainment. Missed opportunity.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@Gizmo said:
    " Dude, if anyone was more eligible for making a Medal Of Honor reboot, it would be the staff members of Respawn Entertainment. Missed opportunity. "
    I agree but I heard they are working on their first title, whatever that is.
    xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By xMP44x

I don't have a problem with DICE dealing with this as well. DICE have proved themselves to be an extremely capable group of developers over time, and I feel that they can work with Bad Company 2's Vietnam expansion, as well as with the Medal of Honor multiplayer. I love DICE's online games, because they're almost always well balanced. Yeah, I'll admit there are some weapons I feel are overpowered online, but that's the case with almost every shooter I've played. If DICE are working on Mirror's Edge 2 as well I welcome that, because the franchise desperately needs a sequel. However, I imagine it's their lowest priority, as it's the least major release of the three things they're supposedly working with. 

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jimbo

Post-launch support for one game, an expansion for the same game, and copy-pasting the multiplayer side into an extremely similar game.  I'm sure they've got it covered.

Respawn?  Come on.

JustinSane311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By JustinSane311
    @illmatic19: Dude, Respawn Ent.  was just founded a couple of months ago and Medal of Honor has been in development for years, so it would be impossible for Respawn to work on the game.  Also why would Respawn want  to contribute to a game in which they have no involvement in the SP campaign.  If the campaign sucks then Respawn would receive bad press for working on the title. 

On a side note, after watching the quick look,  it really seems as if DICE just cut and pasted a majority BF:BC2 and placed it into a different  "crappier" multiplayer.  Oh well I can't blame DICE for wanting to make a quick buck.
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

I think Konami should handle the multiplayer. Make the lead dev the guy who was all whacked out at the E3 conference to do it. 

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By OneManX

Why would Respawn want to work on the medal of Honor reboot... when those guys, or some of those guys, worked on the original MoH games, you know the good ones.

But yeah it looks like a faster Battlefield game, which is cool and odd at the same time.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Spoonman671

I think DICE has like 1000 or so employees.  I see no problem.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jkz

*Ehem* 

I feel quite comfortable positing that Respawn has not even finished the hiring process, and is nowhere near prepared to begin the full-fledged development of a title.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Spoonman671
    @jukezypoo said:
    " *Ehem*  I feel quite comfortable positing that Respawn has not even finished the hiring process, and is nowhere near prepared to begin the full-fledged development of a title. "
    I doubt they have an engine to do it with either.  While EA could have let them use one of theirs, Respawn really needs to have their own engine to work with on future projects since they are still an independent developer.
    Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By Marz

this Medal Of Honor game was in development long before Respawn Entertainment was even conceived, so it was not even possible to have them work on the game.

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ket87
    @Gizmo said:
    " Dude, if anyone was more eligible for making a Medal Of Honor reboot, it would be the staff members of Respawn Entertainment. Missed opportunity. "
    So EA was going to task a brand new company with hardly any staff to make a competent multiplayer game in 4 months? DICE has probably been working on the project for a year at the least. Respawn had no chance the company formed in what like March? MoH ships in October even Activision sweatshop style developing couldn't spit that game out  even if its just the MP.
    Dauragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Dauragon

Man it's like some of you have dementia or something. Either that or you have 0 idea how games get made.

Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bionicicide
    EA LA should of made both modes themselves, any addicting multiplayer attached to a singleplayer was always done in the same development house.
    Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By Donos

I think DICE is the right choice for making multiplayer to go along with a game like Medal of Honor (realisticish but fun modern shooter), but they just don't have enough time right now. Push the game back a year or clear DICE's schedule a bit, then things could be properly awesome.

Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By Rockdalf

Not even to mention that half the reason they got out of Activision's claw o' doom is because they didn't want to be stuck churning out MW games until the end of time.  I can't say I blame them.

illmatic19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By illmatic19

It shouldn't come out this fall. Another stupid move by EA, putting this game out with Halo, Black Ops, and BF: Vietnam. I am confident in saying that MOH will not live up to EA's expectations. 

Yeah, I know Respawn is still in the hiring process, but the multiplayer should have been handled by a different developer.

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By Phished0ne

like respawn would've wanted to work on what is technically a competing product.   
     would they want to help build up a game franchise that will most likely be competing with whatever future product they release?...

Avatar image for scrumdidlyumptious
    Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish DICE would fix the knife in Bad Company 2 before working on anything else because clearly they need all hands on deck to roll back the patch that screwed the knife up in the first place. 

EDIT: HALLELUJAH! After 2 months of waiting the patch is finally downloading! I just noticed after writing this post.

leftzero101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By leftzero101
    @Scrumdidlyumptious said:
    "I wish DICE would fix the knife in Bad Company 2 before working on anything else because clearly they need all hands on deck to roll back the patch that screwed the knife up in the first place.  EDIT: HALLELUJAH! After 2 months of waiting the patch is finally downloading! I just noticed after writing this post. "

they fixed it with there last patch this patch fixed the lag. 
    Anyways i wish they didnt give it to dice so dice could work on battlefield 3 the game that will make them alot of money.
    Avatar image for scrumdidlyumptious
    Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leftzero101: I should have mentioned that it was the PC version.
    leftzero101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By leftzero101
    @Scrumdidlyumptious said:
    " @leftzero101: I should have mentioned that it was the PC version 
    o haha ya they fixed it a while ago on 360 didnt no they waited so long for the pc version weird
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TwoOneFive

whatever the case may be, the MP gave me the immediate sense of it being made by DICE and felt almost nothing like MW2, or MOH games. its fucking weird.  

it runs like shit right now. i hope they can make it good before it ships

Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#28  Edited By Evilmetal
    @illmatic19 said:

" Huge mistake on EA's part. This game is being rushed out the door and I don't blame DICE.  DICE is working on Bad Company 2, the Vietnam expansion, and quite possibly Mirrors Edge 2. This should have been handled by Respawn Entertainment instead.   They must have a fucking huge team. "

Have you read this article: 
     http://www.gamereplays.org/redalert3/portals.php?show=news&news_id=633194   

?

It is about the Command & Conquer team and the relationship with EA.

Look at questions/answers   #1 and #8

They are long, so I'll chop it up a bit:

Here is from #1

For me C&C was something of a sacred game and I desperately wanted to do the series justice with all the C&C games I worked on. Unfortunately although we had a very talented team of passionate gamers, EA simply would not give us the time we felt we needed to make a truly great C&C game. In the case of C&C:3 our development cycle was something like 11 months. Compare that to Blizzard or Relic who was spending 3-6 years on their RTS titles. Our longest development cycle was 18 months on RA3, but at that time the team was split in half and added another platform (PS3), so the extra dev time was kind of a wash. EA simply needed us to keep cranking out games to keep the LA studio afloat while many its other teams floundered. 

Here is from #8

I was however at the studio during much of C&C4's development and have played pre-release builds. The important thing to know is that C&C4 was never meant to be a true Tiberium universe canonical game, but rather an experiment in online play. It originally started as out an Asian market online-only version of C&C 3. At some point the company executives decided it made the most business sense to add a single player campaign, call it C&C4, and put it in a box. The team of course protested this change in direction but the decision stood. The team did what they could to make a good game given the realities inside EA, but ultimately it was the product of a dysfunctional corporate culture.

Look at the BS that goes on behind the scenes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.