Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Medal of Honor

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Oct 12, 2010

Step into the boots of Tier 1 Operatives Rabbit and Deuce in this modern take on EA's long-running Medal of Honor series; the game features separately-developed single player and multiplayer modes.

My impressions on the new MOH trailer.

ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ADTR_ZERO

People have been saying it looks like MW2, but I beg do differ. The game blew my mind in that trailer (because I wasn't expecting anything good.) I saw what could be some vehicle sequences, completely new setting and graphics. The action looked intense, just epic! We haven't seen alot yet, but if DICE is making the online, then it should be more so similar to Battlefield instead of MW2. I don't think DICE would be working on a whole other giant map vehicular based combat game, maybe the vehicles would be used sparingly in maps, like Halo or something. We did see you piloting a Helicopter in the trailer, which is awsome. 

Basically, I don't see how people are thinking this is like MW2 (Except you have guns and are in a modern setting,) and I think it looks really good. If we can remember, CoD took a little inspiration from other games... 

It wasn't the first modern warfare game ever made!
    ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ADTR_ZERO

Bumparoo.

willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By willin

There was no kicking people in chairs out of windows in COD4 so that one for Medal of Honor.

Though me purchasing this game all depends on whether or not the Medal of Honor theme is in it.

ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
    @Lights_Up_The_Shaft said:

"There was no kicking people in chairs out of windows in COD4 so that one for Medal of Honor.  Though me purchasing this game all depends on whether or not the Medal of Honor theme is in it. "

Kicking people out of windows in chairs and then having a huge EXPLOSION! 

Explosions make everything better!
    Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Belonpopo
    @ADTR_ZERO:
    Medal of Honor was the first FPS I can remember playing for long strides. Call of Duty is the ugly inbred baby of Halo and Medal Of Honor 
    (Flame me I'll take your shit you CODPUNKS)
    EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By EpicSteve

So is this a candidate for GB's 2010's GOTY awards? Best use of kicking a due out a window?

Kibblez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Kibblez

People are naturally cynical, but I too think it looks like it has the potential to be a lot of fun. High expectations is a game's worst enemy.

eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By eclipsesis
    @ADTR_ZERO said:
    " @Lights_Up_The_Shaft said:

"There was no kicking people in chairs out of windows in COD4 so that one for Medal of Honor.  Though me purchasing this game all depends on whether or not the Medal of Honor theme is in it. "

Kicking people out of windows in chairs and then having a huge EXPLOSION!  Explosions make everything better! "
    I new Michael bay had a Giantbomb account, got ya.
    ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
    @eclipsesis said:
    "@ADTR_ZERO said:
    " @Lights_Up_The_Shaft said:

Kicking people out of windows in chairs and then having a huge EXPLOSION!  Explosions make everything better! "
    I new Michael bay had a Giantbomb account, got ya. "

Who's Michael Bay? 

I'm so tired, but his name sounds familiar.
    roach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By roach

Yeah it does look good, but that duder is a fucking poser with his omg man beard. Capitan Price would kick his ass any day!  

Anyways, I think it will be a good game and hopefully, a fresh start for the Medal of Honor series.

nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By nukesniper

I don't think that people are wrong in comparing MOH to MW2. It WAS a WW2 series, and now it is going modern. For all purposes, they had similar thoughts in mind. Be it that WW2 was dying, or that they had to go somewhere, CoD and MoH have made the same move.

The biggest reason I would look down on MoH in this situation is because the MoH series has been gone since Airbourne. And now, someone decided it should go modern. Given a 2010 release for MoH, it is possible to see that, in early 2008 after CoD4 did so well, someone at EA said "We should totally make MoH go modern and release it the year after IW's next game!" Give that an almost three year development cycle for a new engine and all that jazz. I see it being completely feasible.

However, if Medal of Honor (Zomgz Modern One) turns out to be a good game, I cannot look down on it. Time will tell.

ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
    @nukesniper said:
    Time will tell. "

Yes it will, yes it will.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.