Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mercenaries 2: World in Flames

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Aug 31, 2008

The sequel to the critically acclaimed Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction. Now set in war-torn Venezuela, the player again takes on contracts for various warring factions on a quest for payback.

No Cheat Codes?

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By fr0br0

I've been looking around I haven't seen any cheat codes for this game. I'm guessing that means that there are none. WTF! The thing I loved about the first one was giving myself a crap load of ammo, money, health and bombs and killing the shit out of everything around me. Now I actually have to go through the shitty stuff to earn my fun.

Anybody else upset about there being no cheats?

DrVanNostren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By DrVanNostren

Yeah its pretty shitty. EA sucks and they will probably try to pull something off like sell them as DLC. So yeah, you're not the only one who misses cheats in Mercs.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3  Edited By kush

I think cheat codes are a dying thing nowadays.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By fr0br0
    Kush said:
    "I think cheat codes are a dying thing nowadays."
    That sucks. Maybe everybody who plays games aren't hardcore and don't have the time or want to get 100% to fully enjoy the game. It's kind of like split screen multiplayer dying. What if I want to play a quick game with a person next to me? Man, sometimes developers screw up when trying to "progress."
    DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By DualReaver

It's too bad there is a lot of games that are just funner with cheats.
    Like GTA series, Mercenaries, Turok II (Lets face it the only way that game is fun, is to be in god mode blowing giant holes through mother fuckin' apes)

Johnny5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Johnny5

I used a trainer to get similar effect. Unlimited fuel is the only one I really wanted.

999 x nuclear bunker buster fun

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7  Edited By kush
    Fr0Br0 said:
    "That sucks. Maybe everybody who plays games aren't hardcore and don't have the time or want to get 100% to fully enjoy the game. It's kind of like split screen multiplayer dying. What if I want to play a quick game with a person next to me? Man, sometimes developers screw up when trying to "progress.""
    It is a bit sad...but what's even sadder is that maybe the industry will starting charging for "cheat codes" ..."Do you just want to get in the game and start blowing crap up? Then come on over and buy this DLC for the low, low price of $5 ...now you can do whatever you want!" ..."Oh, you wanted a lot of in game money...well that will cost you another $5, but that's a small price to pay to become an in-game billionaire!!!" ...that would be awful.
    MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By MetalGearSunny
    Fr0Br0 said:
    "I've been looking around I haven't seen any cheat codes for this game. I'm guessing that means that there are none. WTF! The thing I loved about the first one was giving myself a crap load of ammo, money, health and bombs and killing the shit out of everything around me. Now I actually have to go through the shitty stuff to earn my fun.

Anybody else upset about there being no cheats?"
    PS2 version has some but why would you want that?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.