Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Feb 19, 2013

A fast-paced action game co-developed by PlatinumGames and Kojima Productions. It follows ninja-cyborg Raiden's activities four years after the events of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.

Lightning Bolt Action

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TwoOneFive
    [update] i have a new theory, maybe this will play like Assassin's Creed?

hopefully they draw inspiration from the VR Missions game (which i still own lol) final levels in which you play as Ninja Gray Fox. It mixed stealth with the action. You could press against walls, and avoid detection, all the metal gear usuals, but with no guns, just you and you insane abilities and a badass high frequency sword. here, check out this video: This is the Gray Fox Ninja level, stage 3, in VR Missions. 

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By ImperiousRix

Sounds like a good idea.
    I'd be fine with a DMC or God of War clone, but I'd prefer an element of stealth still intact.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @ImperiousRix:
    exactly. which gives me hope that this might actually be an excellent game. Throw in some incredible cut scenes and good voice work, I'm totally excited about this game. 

It would be kickass if Sony unveiled gameplay footage at their conference, but I'm pretty sure Sony is probably not happy with Kojima with this. 
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By LiquidPrince

MGS1 is still tank!

Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Thunder

if i were sony i would be pissed with kojima right now

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @LiquidPrince:
    i know man, those graphics and music etc all hold up well!!
    @Thunder said:
    " if i were sony i would be pissed with kojima right now "
    why? this is the third time it has happened. they should still be happy that MGS4 was and still is an exclusive PS3 title. 
    Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38

Why not just like Raiden in MGS2?

gimmysumcowbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By gimmysumcowbel

i really hope that there are some stealth elements and its not just a GOW rip off

and hopefully the story is MGS quality also
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Ineedaname

If they were to do that, the best enemies would probably be Revolver's guards.
    A Ninja stealth game that's not Tenchu would be pretty cool, the concept itself is one that's awesome.

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By ImperiousRix
    @TwoOneFive said:
    "@LiquidPrince:
    i know man, those graphics and music etc all hold up well!!
    @Thunder said:
    " if i were sony i would be pissed with kojima right now "
    why? this is the third time it has happened. they should still be happy that MGS4 was and still is an exclusive PS3 title. 
    "

Exactly.  Personally I was disappointed by the fact that there's no port of MGS4 to 360, but hell, this way we can get some MGS on Xbox 360 and Sony can still keep their biggest exclusive.  I suppose it's a win-win.
    Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By Milkman

If it was like that, I would be thoroughly satisfied. 

Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Feanor

Metal Gear really isn't all to stealthy of a game anyways.  Once you get a decent amount of ammo it turns into a shooter.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @Feanor said:
    " Metal Gear really isn't all to stealthy of a game anyways.  Once you get a decent amount of ammo it turns into a shooter. "
    You mean, MGS4?
    Well it all depends on the style you like to play. If you going for specific honor like Big Boss (what are they called at the end of the game? i forgot!) you have to play a specific way. My first play through i played on Hard and did my very best to not get spotted. I was very stealthy.  And avoiding killing for no reason the entire time. Its the beauty of the game, in that it allowed you to completely decide how to play through. 

Anyways, I am hoping the explain how the hell he ended up becoming a cyborg. 

Maybe the title "Rising" is an indication that the game will be about how Raiden ended up in the form as we see him in MGS4. I mean, did they ever really explain how he ended up a total cyborg in MGS4?
    BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BBQBram

Hell yeah, I still need to play that game. It's PS1 right?

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ineedaname
    @TwoOneFive: Big boss award, complete it under 5 hours no alerts.
    Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ket87
    @TwoOneFive said:
    " Maybe the title "Rising" is an indication that the game will be about how Raiden ended up in the form as we see him in MGS4. I mean, did they ever really explain how he ended up a total cyborg in MGS4? "
    They do if you have the MGS4 Database from the Playstation Store. Raiden was off fighting battle after battle for the Patriots trying to get them to release Sunny. He was getting real messed up from his wounds so they made him into a cyborg while he was being held at Area 51.  As ridiculous as that sounds thats pretty much a summary of the MGS4 Raiden page on the database.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @Ket87: oh yeah thats right i did read all of that, its just i guess not actually seeing it in the game made me forget a bit. 
    I hope the game is based upon all of that stuff. Rising sounds like a good name for an origins story- even though that would be mgs2 for raiden, but an origins story for how he became the cyborg ninja.

@BBQBram said:
    " Hell yeah, I still need to play that game. It's PS1 right? "
    yeah. i think you can buy it off the japanese store though, may be totally wrong though. 
    its a really fun game. theres no story, theres just hundreds of fun missions and you try to get first place in all of them. 
    gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#18  Edited By gla55jAw

At the end of MGS2 you play as Raiden with a sword for a little while before the final boss fight with Solidus. I wonder if it would control like that. The left stick being used to swing the sword as well as some button presses. I'm pumped for it however it comes out.

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ket87
    @gla55jAw said:
    " At the end of MGS2 you play as Raiden with a sword for a little while before the final boss fight with Solidus. I wonder if it would control like that. The left stick being used to swing the sword as well as some button presses. I'm pumped for it however it comes out. "
    The right stick control for the sword from MGS2 was pretty basic, if they attempt to do it again for Rising I'm hoping they take some inspiration from games like Skate. In Skate the right stick controls for the tricks would work pretty well if they mapped all the combo possibilities to the stick but it would have to be very intuitive and diverse enough to avoid getting stale. Which is what worries me if they try as Kojima and MGS have never exactly been on the forefront of cutting edge controls despite how kick ass his games have been.
    Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Disgaeamad

I remember playing those levels back when VR Missions was released, and man, they were great. If Rising is anything like that, I can see it being an incredibly entertaining game.

Scieran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By Scieran

I'm already getting the feeling this would play alittle like Assassin's Creed.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By End_Boss
    @Disgaeamad said:
    " I remember playing those levels back when VR Missions was released, and man, they were great. If Rising is anything like that, I can see it being an incredibly entertaining game. "
    This. Good catch OP, and I hope the game ends up like this. :)
    nick69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By nick69
    @Ket87 said:
    "
    @gla55jAw said:
    " At the end of MGS2 you play as Raiden with a sword for a little while before the final boss fight with Solidus. I wonder if it would control like that. The left stick being used to swing the sword as well as some button presses. I'm pumped for it however it comes out. "
    The right stick control for the sword from MGS2 was pretty basic, if they attempt to do it again for Rising I'm hoping they take some inspiration from games like Skate. In Skate the right stick controls for the tricks would work pretty well if they mapped all the combo possibilities to the stick but it would have to be very intuitive and diverse enough to avoid getting stale. Which is what worries me if they try as Kojima and MGS have never exactly been on the forefront of cutting edge controls despite how kick ass his games have been. "
    yeah, and the tricks in skate. were basically the same motions you did with your front foot which I found was pretty cool, because it felt like I was actually skating. But onto the topic, if they do do the game like that, it'd be pretty sweet

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @nick69: yeah, think a fast paced stealth game. GET FROM A TO B NOW, WITHOUT BEING DETECTED!!

the thing that sucks is, they are well underway on whatever it is they are doing and it might be totally different from anything anyone is thinking. 

Maybe Kojima is finally making one of those wierd ideas he says he is always coming up with, in all of the interviews over the years. 

i just hope he doesn't screw with us the way he has been with these stupid ass viral web sites. 
     i mean, people were convinced that superimposing raidens face onto that mask actually was for real. and they couldn't have been more wrong. it was fucking castlevania!!! for cryin out loud, stop it kojima, tease us like everyone else. its maddening. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.