Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Feb 19, 2013

A fast-paced action game co-developed by PlatinumGames and Kojima Productions. It follows ninja-cyborg Raiden's activities four years after the events of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.

New Raiden?!

ReaperOfLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By ReaperOfLiving

New Raiden?  This is off of Peace Walker I have been told. 

New one
     New one

Old one
     Old one

EDIT:  I added the other one for comparing.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By CL60

Yeah, they changed his eye color and slightly changed his skin color and stuff.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Pie

Cant believe they made that mistake with the eye colour to which Hideo responded that it was explained in the story, it wouldnt appear that way now. He could still be playing with us I guess

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By TheHBK

Man, it just tells me these people are retarded.  This game used to be more serious in MGS, but then... damn.  A cyborg?  And they add a blue eye?  More wavy hair?  Seriously?  I fucking hate Japan.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Pie

This could be earlier in on the story and the earlier screenshot from later on but I dont know.....

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Diamond
    @TheHBK: What exactly is the problem you have?
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By xyzygy
    @TheHBK said:

" Man, it just tells me these people are retarded.  This game used to be more serious in MGS, but then... damn.  A cyborg?  And they add a blue eye?  More wavy hair?  Seriously?  I fucking hate Japan. "

There was a cyborg in the original MGS. You lose. 

I heard rumors that it's actually Sunny (The brown eyed version).
    Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Pie
    @TheHBK said:
    " Man, it just tells me these people are retarded.  This game used to be more serious in MGS, but then... damn.  A cyborg?  And they add a blue eye?  More wavy hair?  Seriously?  I fucking hate Japan. "
    There was a cyborg in MGS and raiden had a blue eye in MGS2 and MGS4. Wavy hair will be wavy hair 
    I dont see your point?
    Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Pie
    @xyzygy said:
    " @TheHBK said:

There was a cyborg in the original MGS. You lose.  I heard rumors that it's actually Sunny (The brown eyed version). "
    Some bastshit theories even suggest that it was actually gray fox but in Raidens body or something stupid like that
    MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

RoboCop?

@CL60 said:

" Yeah, they changed his eye color and slightly changed his skin color and stuff. "

How is this not a chick? 
    Cazamalos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Cazamalos

i don't like it,  the new hair looks cheap,  the skin tone makes him look more "alive", and  what about  the total  eye color change ? but yeah it may be a kojima's joke or  some weird plot thing and not just a makeover....

ReaperOfLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ReaperOfLiving

I updated the post.  A little late but I added the other picture.

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Phished0ne

I'm just glad they kept his eye-patch as a generic band of fabric and not a proper eye-patch... 

I dont see why people are complaining about the hair, it looks better to me the new way, more like real hair than the ultra-stiff-slick hair in the MGS3 design. 

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By TheHBK
    @Pie said:
    " @xyzygy said:
    " @TheHBK said:

There was a cyborg in the original MGS. You lose.  I heard rumors that it's actually Sunny (The brown eyed version). "
    Some bastshit theories even suggest that it was actually gray fox but in Raidens body or something stupid like that "
    Thats my point, that there was already a cyborg in the first game.  When Olga was shown as the cyborg, or whatever she was in MGS2, even then I didn't give them a pass.  The whole bullcrap that the plant was a recreation of shadow moses.

@Diamond:
    That I played MGS2, is probably where this all stems from.  Sorry, but I have hated MGS since then.  And hoping they might fix it.... too much to hope for.  Because playing the first MGS was an amazing experience.  And then, after teasing you with a badass goteed Solid Snake, you have to play as this dumbass.  And then they try to make him badass, but all they do is try to make him japanese badass.... not real badass like Solid Snake, before he got old that is.  So he has high heels, wavy hair, still cries like a bitch because he thinks he lost Rose... and made the stupid decision to get his body all replaced and shit in the first place.
    vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By vaiz

I'm gonna simplify the hell out of this: The new one looks a lot more like a legitimate in game quality model. the less detailed hair, the flatter details everywhere else, etc.

wfolse1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By wfolse1

I really doubt that the brown eye was a mistake.  the first Raiden shown was Sunny....  i'm just saying.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By xyzygy
    @TheHBK:   Have you played MGS4? If not, don't read the next paragraph. 

I think you're just talking about his personality. Snake gives off the aura that he is a badass but mostly by the things he says. I do agree that he does a lot of badass stuff though. Raiden may not have that same attitude, but by his actions he is much more of a badass. He can take down multiple metal gears in melee combat, swing them around by his legs. While on the rescue mission to save Sunny with Eva, he was killed and the only parts of him that could be salvaged were his spine and upper head. Everything else in his body is synthetic, yet even after all of that he still fights and still kicks ass. And he doesn't wear "high heels", those feet and armor are parts of his body that he cannot change. That armor is a part of him. The reason it looks like that is so he can hold his sword in his feet. I don't think Snake has the skill to fight with a sword held by his foot. Also, Raiden can stop a massive Arsenal Gear with his back. NOT ONLY THAT, when he lost both of his arms, he held off around a dozen armed FROGs by holding a sword by his teeth. 

I agree that he was a wuss in the 2nd game, but after you've seen him in the 4th there is no possible way you can deny what I'm saying. He is unstoppable.
    Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Pie
    @TheHBK said:
    not real badass like Solid Snake, before he got old that is.  
    Old snake had the baddest ass
    L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19  Edited By L33tfella_H
    @Pie said:
    " @TheHBK said:
    There was a cyborg in MGS and raiden had a blue eye in MGS2 and MGS4. Wavy hair will be wavy hair I dont see your point? "
    Don't forget the Kyle Schneider from MG was made into a Cyborg in MG2 and you fought him.
    FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#20  Edited By FLStyle

Until I see the official Kojima Productions source it came from I'll assume it's fake.

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By Whisperkill

Old one is better, he looks less human and more dead. The eyes, hair and skin color are better in the previous one

jvsexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By jvsexy
    @xyzygy said:
    " @TheHBK:   Have you played MGS4? If not, don't read the next paragraph.  I think you're just talking about his personality. Snake gives off the aura that he is a badass but mostly by the things he says. I do agree that he does a lot of badass stuff though. Raiden may not have that same attitude, but by his actions he is much more of a badass. He can take down multiple metal gears in melee combat, swing them around by his legs. While on the rescue mission to save Sunny with Eva, he was killed and the only parts of him that could be salvaged were his spine and upper head. Everything else in his body is synthetic, yet even after all of that he still fights and still kicks ass. And he doesn't wear "high heels", those feet and armor are parts of his body that he cannot change. That armor is a part of him. The reason it looks like that is so he can hold his sword in his feet. I don't think Snake has the skill to fight with a sword held by his foot. Also, Raiden can stop a massive Arsenal Gear with his back. NOT ONLY THAT, when he lost both of his arms, he held off around a dozen armed FROGs by holding a sword by his teeth.  I agree that he was a wuss in the 2nd game, but after you've seen him in the 4th there is no possible way you can deny what I'm saying. He is unstoppable. "
    AGREED !!! The possibilities of RAIDEN are ENDLESS !!! Hes toooo powerful !! Have to think how the game will be designed so that simple soldiers will be given a fair chance ..... lol !!
    Urmean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Urmean
    @Pie said:
    "Some bastshit theories even suggest that it was actually gray fox but in Raidens body or something stupid like that "

DID YOU SAY
    GREY FOX!?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.