Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Mar 18, 2014

The stand-alone prelude to Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, giving players a taste of the new open-world gameplay mechanics while setting up the main game's story, as Snake (Big Boss) must infiltrate a prison camp to rescue his comrades.

Collectibles in side missions?

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
    Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Having finished the "main" mission of the game, I immedietely want to dive into the rest of what the game has to offer, but I'm afraid of missing out on additional story information in the form of casette tapes, guard conversations, XOF patches, etc.
    With this in mind, I'd appreciate it if folks could tell me if you can still obtain all of these collectibles in the side-missions, or whether some of them are restricted to the main mission, ia Ground Zeroes?

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The XOF patches are all in the main mission

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

@bocam: do they carry over to each playthrough? I could have sworn my first time through I found one and my second time around when I found a piece it started with 2/9

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4 MooseyMcMan  Online
    Duecenage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

I got a Chico cassette in one of the side ops. The helicopter one I believe. Blew it off the top of one of the guard towers. It even made a "collectible" chime.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

In addition to the XOF patches, I think most of the tapes are also only in the main mission. A few of them are found by doing optional things in side-ops, and I know that at least one is only available in the main mission prior to completing either primary objective.

Meteor_VII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I did the Deja Vu mission and there is a Cassette tape for two pieces of music from MGS1 near the east helicopter drop point (but watch out there are mines)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.