Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear Solid

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 03, 1998

Metal Gear Solid, released in 1998, is a game developed and published by Konami Corporation. The game follows recent retiree Solid Snake in his return to active duty as he attempts to rescue DARPA Chief Donald Anderson and President of ArmsTech Kenneth Baker, both taken hostage by a terrorist group, in order to prevent the terrorists from launching a nuclear warhead.

A Surveillence Camera?

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By fr0br0

Why are there no topics on the board of one of the greatest games ever? Guess I'll make a start. MGS is great, yes?

Director

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Director

Only the greatest game of all time, yes

*virtual high-five*  Yeah!

Actually, to tell you the real truth, currently, for me at least, MGS1 and MGS4 are tied for the greatest game of all time.

crona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By crona

I've yet to play MGS4, and I'm in the midst of play 3... but yeah, the first, so far, DEFINETLY seems like the best all around. The story in the first is just excellent! And the gameplay for a game of that time? Well, I only just played it weeks ago, but I imagine it must've been revolutionary back then!

TheWesman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By TheWesman

This was the first game I bought when I got my Playstation 2 since I never had a PS1.  I totally agree that MGS is the best action game I have ever played. 

THE_END

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By THE_END
    TheWesman said:
    "

This was the first game I bought when I got my Playstation 2 since I never had a PS1.  I totally agree that MGS is the best action game I have ever played. 

"

TheWesman... you are correct MGS is probably the best action game to date.  However, have you tried the Splinter Cell series?  It isn't as good as MGS but it is a close second.  I'm near the end of Splinter Cell 1 and I am very impressed.  It is a perfect edition to your game collection if you like the stealth/espionage genre.
    Inu463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Inu463

Yeah, I love this game.  It Blew my mind when I first played it.  Is anyone writing an article for it.  It seems like a daunting task for such an amazing game.  I guess you'd have to start out simple and let others improve it.  Maybe I should sit down and write one myself....

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By fr0br0

I wrote a 5 paragraph article about a day ago, but it hasn't been approved yet.

xionpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By xionpunk

Metal Gear Solid was way ahead of its time. I played it when it came out and was totally blown away.

MatsSundin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By MatsSundin

man i love this game and i'm waiting for them to bring out on the psn so i can download it on my psp

trulyalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By trulyalive

It's very impressive and certainly on the list, though if I could only include one game from the franchise, it'd be MGS4. A coherent ending which wraps everything up and smoother gameplay than any Metal Gear game to date win the title.

Avatar image for deactivated-63aed1f3cc082
    deactivated-63aed1f3cc082

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Absolutely excellent game.

AutomaticSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By AutomaticSnake

As well as Half Life, its been 10 years since this game came out. For me MGS is better then HL... i just wish the used copy of it i bought worked... arrggg...

BigShot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BigShot

This game changed my life forever...

MadMatr07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By MadMatr07

Yeah, this is definitely one of the first games that I remember leaving a real impact on me. The day I bought it I went home and was absolutely blown away. I ended up staying up all night playing it. This was probably my favorite game for Playstation.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.