Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metro: Last Light

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released May 14, 2013

The sequel to the underground hit Metro 2033. Set in Moscow in the year 2034, the player will be caught between warring factions vying for a doomsday device.

Bug at Church Log Crossing

Tenfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

After the mini cut scene with the big bug showing up as you cross the log my character gets completely bugged. I end of standing on the shore after crawling out of the water and am completely immobilized. I cannot use any equipment functions, actions, or look around. My keyboard and mouse are functioning perfectly well but it's as if my character is frozen.

I can't think of anything going on here except a game breaking bug and there's no way to get out of the loop. Every last checkpoint game load puts me in the same place and situation where I can't move and inevitably die.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What platform? That might be specific to where you're playing.

That's troubling news though, I just got to that section of the game. I've already dealt with my share of lock ups, hitches, and bugs. Hopefully, I can make it through that section trouble free. I want to love this game, but it's fighting me.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@hatking said:

That's troubling news though, I just got to that section of the game. I've already dealt with my share of lock ups, hitches, and bugs. Hopefully, I can make it through that section trouble free. I want to love this game, but it's fighting me.

Hes using a keyboard and mouse so PC. And the only issue I had was a lock up in the Catacombs when those screamy things show up.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

That sucks. That part didn't bug for me. You fight that big creature and then move into the church...... sooo... I guess start over? :(

Only recent game I've played that completely bugged out and broke was ZombiU.... like 6 hours in.... didn't play it again; not starting 6 hours over. Your part is fairly far in as well isn't it?

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatking said:

Hes using a keyboard and mouse so PC. And the only issue I had was a lock up in the Catacombs when those screamy things show up.

Apparently I'm really unobservant. Haha...

I'm playing the 360 version, not having a decent PC and all. Sounds like the PS3 version is a little more buggy than the 360 version, but honestly at this point, I find that hard to believe. During one mission, if I stealth killed an enemy, the character would lock in the animation and just stand there, invincible. Another mission, whenever I looted a body - something that's kind of imperative on ranger mode - the game would lock. And during cutscenes there is about a 25% chance it'll hit a hitch, stall, and continue. It's saying something that I still love the game.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By hatking

@handlas: I believe this game has a chapter select, so even if he did start over, it wouldn't have to be from the beginning. And the chapters are fairly short, so you probably would only be a half hour or so back. Sucks, but it's better than starting over.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By handlas

weeelp.... this thread totally jinxed me! My game is bugged out as well. I think I'm so very close to the end too. I get to a part where I go into a doorway where there is a ladder I'm suppose to go up and the game crashes to desktop every single time.

Sigh, sucks so bad. I was really enjoying the game. I don't really know if loading a previous chapter will help me... seems like a really odd place where it crashes because nothing is going on.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I got past my crash issue. I turned the graphics from Very High to Low and it didn't hitch up at all. Once I got past that part I put it back to Very High and was fine. Dunno why but maybe try that if you still have issues.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.