Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Microsoft HoloLens

Accessory »

HoloLens is a wireless set of augmented reality goggles developed by Microsoft.

GB To Snatch a HoloLens?

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I know there has been a bit of talk about Microsoft and Oculus possibly still partnering up, but the HoloLens is still a thing, and orders now will ship next month.

While only available outside of the U.S (Europe, NZ, and Australia), I don't see how people anywhere can just get this shipped or purchased second hand and have it sent to America. Although $3000 a pop, do you think any of the GB crew (looking at Jeff) would be looking to drop that cash to experience the early stages of Microsoft's AR tech and talk about it? I know it there is no way to actually show this stuff via video, but I would love to to hear what they have to say about their experiences.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Gaff

@ghost_cat: Yeah, I doubt they're going to get a HoloLens. Notice how the entire video is spent talking about business applications? While GB is known for doing stupid stuff, Microsoft seems hell bent to distance HoloLens from video games. And GB is still a video games site.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@gaff: I see what you mean now. I wonder why the US is not in their sights as a potential market?

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ghost_cat: Because, according to https://blogs.windows.com/devices/2016/10/12/microsoft-hololens-welcomes-six-new-countries-to-the-world-of-mixed-reality/#d2ZHjcihYATVlQpJ.97

March 30, 2016: we shipped HoloLens in the United States and Canada and invited developers and organizations to step away from the 2D confines of monitors and pixels to explore what’s possible when technology enters our physical world.Read more at https://blogs.windows.com/devices/2016/10/12/microsoft-hololens-welcomes-six-new-countries-to-the-world-of-mixed-reality/#U4RVdCJ2Grz0OZig.99

They already shipped it to interested developers in US and Canada back in March.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.