Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox Game Studios

Company »

Also known as "Microsoft Games", "Microsoft Game Studios", and "Microsoft Studios", Xbox Game Studios is a primary subsidiary of the Microsoft Gaming division and handles publishing of their studios' games (including the Halo, Forza, and Gears of War series).

Xbox-exclusive games actually coming to PC?

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By hassun

According to this article, games which were previously exclusive to the Xbox One like Forza Motorsport and Halo 5: Guardians will actually be released on PC. And I don't mean the streaming thing either, I mean actual PC games.

Could this be true? Is MS already looking beyond the Xone? Does PC availability not impact console sales? Is it all about Windows 10?

I guess we'll see soon enough.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By notnert427

@hassun: There have been rumours swirling for some time about cross-buy functionality in Windows 10, meaning that buying a game on Xbox One would make it playable on PC or vice versa. If true, it would be a huge deal and would represent MS finally leveraging their PC standing meaningfully in the console world. Perhaps this is what the article is referencing. I wouldn't be surprised if MS drops this bomb at E3.

Now, when this functionality actually happens is probably not that soon. I also half-expect this to apply only to purchases through the Microsoft Store. That, or someone is simply misunderstanding the streaming xbox games to PC functionality that no one cares about.

Still, if cross-buy is really a thing and actually pans out anytime soon, overnight the Xbox One likely goes from underdog to lead dog.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#4 FinalDasa  Moderator

They released Halo: CE and Halo 2 on PC so this isn't exactly new territory.

PC sales account for very little of overall sales for big, AAA, titles. The work may cost more than the potential cash flow. Hopefully Windows 10 integration between the PC and Xbox One will lessen the load and PC gamers will see more Xbox exclusive titles come their way.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I guess anything's possible, but I'd approach that article with an obscene amount of skepticism. It looks like one of those sites that exists purely to game Google News by spitting out vaguely plausible rumour pieces.

Avatar image for excitable_misunderstood_genius
    Excitable_Misunderstood_Genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Cross buy would be... well I don't even want to think about it too much because it sounds like a recipe for being disappointed. Suffice to say it would be huge.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hassun said:

According to this article, games which were previously exclusive to the Xbox One like Forza Motorsport and Halo 5: Guardians will actually be released on PC. And I don't mean the streaming thing either, I mean actual PC games.

Could this be true? Is MS already looking beyond the Xone? Does PC availability not impact console sales? Is it all about Windows 10?

No, availability on PC usually doesn't impact console sales. In the grand scheme of things most people do not own a PC capable of playing AAA games. That's why most games sell a lot better on console than they do PC. There are exceptions obviously. PC usually just help the bottom line.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess anything's possible, but I'd approach that article with an obscene amount of skepticism. It looks like one of those sites that exists purely to game Google News by spitting out vaguely plausible rumour pieces.

This. Reading "senior PC gaming industry executive" is suspicious to say the least.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

@gaff: I read that in the article and immediately rolled my eyes.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That article reeks of clickbait.

Phil Spencer seems pretty big on doing more with PC, so I guess it could be possible, but we'll see. Would be awesome if it came true.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By hassun

@turtlebird95: I have no idea how one would consider a title like "Microsoft will be bringing Xbox-exclusive games to the PC - including Halo 5" clickbait.

That being said I agree with earlier posts in this thread that there is no serious proof of this anywhere and should therefore be taken with a grain of salt.

On the bright side, if this is true MS is bound to announce it at E3 so we won't have to wait long for confirmation.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I oh so wish this to be true. But believing is another matter sadly. T.T

One day I will get to play more Halo, Killer Instinct and whatever Scalebound ends up being...

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

I really hope it is the case. I use my PC and don't own a new console yet and probably won't if they do this. Maybe some PS4 game will make me want a PS4 but so far the exclusive games that I'm interested in are for Xbox One. Really want to play Quantum Break.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this turns out to actually be true then I'll be sure to sell off my Xbox One

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hassun: I was more referring to the article, which seems pretty sketchy to me. The site itself doesn't seem very popular and yet we're to believe that "several industry sources" reported to that outlet that it is indeed in the cards. You'd think some of the bigger, more reputable outlets would have also received this info and be reporting on it too.

To me it just looks like they pulled a popular plausible rumor and tried to make it sound like a big confirmation is coming soon, which I'd argue is pretty clickbaity.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this turns out to actually be true then I'll be sure to sell off my Xbox One

Yep. It wouldn't be much use then. Not that I use it a lot as it is now..

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

I'm dubious about whether this'll actually be the case. Microsoft needs to convince folks that an Xbox One is worth their money, and releasing it's exclusives to PC hurts that goal. It's not impossible as most consider the PC to be a neutral platform, but I'll have to see Halo 5: Guardians with the PC logo to believe it.

Folks in the know wouldn't talk about something like this on the record, but I've never read this site before. I don' t know how credible they are. Either way, grains of salt and all that.

etpc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if I could play Halo: MCC and gears on pc, i would be quite happy

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
    ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This would be an awesome thing to do. The XBox has the exclusives I want and if I could save 400 bucks and still play a handful of them... well...

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Putting your biggest games on PC, sounds like a good way to stop people from buying Xbox Ones. Do it.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Putting your biggest games on PC, sounds like a good way to stop people from buying Xbox Ones. Do it.

Yeah I was just gonna say - I'm on the fence for an X1 - this would definitely remove any desire for me to get one.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superfriend: Neither do I. I got this because it got cheap and would be at least worth enough to me to just be a Gears/Halo machine. Only thing I'm going to miss out on by selling this is the fitness stuff and Dance Central which my ladyfriend likes using

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I might believe it if Valve are immigrating their service to Linux or steam OS, but now Microsoft have no reason to lose potential customers.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.