Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Minecraft

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released May 17, 2009

A 3D procedurally-generated game of world exploration, resource harvesting, and freeform construction, featuring a unique block-based art style and online multiplayer. It received numerous ports and updates for nearly a decade after its initial release.

I think I'm in love with Minecraft

normalpants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By normalpants

At first  I was overwhelmed with the lack of focus and just diddled around with making staircases out of dirt.   About 30 seconds before I was going to switch the game off out of boredom, I notice the sky seems to be getting darker.  Before I know it, the world was almost totally black and I felt even more lost.  What the hell is this shit?

Then I found the Wiki.  

Once I grasped the basics of crafting I started up a new game and was shocked to see how different everything looked.  I spawned in front of a giant mountain so I climbed to the top, naturally.  By then, I had a good stockpile of a variety of resources so I got my workbench up at the top of the mountain and began my descent into the core.   I hit rock so I set up another workbench and tried to knock out some pickaxes and axes to give me a leg up.  It got dark again so I figured out how to make torches.  It wasn't long before I had a series of hallways in my dungeon in the center of the mountain.  I expanded to the edges and made a spiral staircase back to the top of the mountain.  It was still dark but I was out of torches so I kept digging in the dark for more materials.   When I heard the zombie growl I shit my pants... 

I'm constantly being surprised in this game, with the help of the wiki to guide me in the right direction.  I haven't had this much fun since I was a child playing with Legos.  I hope more people give Minecraft a shot, because it's really something special once you understand the basics of setting up.

fixerofdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By fixerofdeath

It's a great game, I look forward to seeing what is added as the game continues to be developed.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By mikemcn

A new friday update comes out tommorrow, the singleplayer is the focus this time, should give you even more things to do, im glad you like it!

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By MrKlorox

I promised myself the next time I read something awesome about this game that I would buy it. Heading there now.

I hope it sates my survival lust that Stalker planted.

vager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#5  Edited By vager

I'm so glad sandbox gathering/crafting games are getting popular now. 
    For years I've been in love with these types of games, but there's such a lack of them.
    Maybe in the future, there might be an influx of them trying to recreate Minecraft's success.

beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By beej

Minecraft is amazing it fulfills some primal urge of mine to dig forever.

normalpants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By normalpants

i can't stop playing i can't stop playing i can't stop playing  

send help

heat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By heat

Minecraft is an autism simulator

Davvyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 19

#9  Edited By Davvyk
    @Mikemcn: woah woah woah.....were getting an update today!? 

where is this news available? this is excitement personified. 
    thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By thebeast
    @Davvyk: If you follow Notch's blog or Notch on Twitter - he often posts about upcoming updates. Since the release of alpha he's done a relatively large update every Friday - he took a break the past few weeks due to business meetings, etc. but he's back developing it now.
    OverLord00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By OverLord00

So can you give me a brief idea of, what exactly you do? I've seen people talking about this game alot.  But most of the stuff I've seen on it, you just..build blocks on top of each other and mine stuff?? or am i way off?

thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By thebeast
    @OverLord00: I just wrote this thread. Hopefully that'll cover everything you need to know.
    Brenderous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By Brenderous

Played for like 5 mins and I was addicted.

laussica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By laussica

im enjoying it too, atm im trying to get my friends into it but its so hard to explain y its awesome cause without playing it yourself it just sounds stupid

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.