Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Minecraft

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released May 17, 2009

A 3D procedurally-generated game of world exploration, resource harvesting, and freeform construction, featuring a unique block-based art style and online multiplayer. It received numerous ports and updates for nearly a decade after its initial release.

Whiskey Media Minecraft Texture Pack

coopdegra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By coopdegra

The Whiskey Media Minecraft Texture Pack

The Whiskey Media Minecraft Texture Pack is the most official/unofficial texture pack created for Minecraft ever.

This pack is based off of the pack a fellow whiskey member; Scooopex; had created. I loved the simplicity of the pack and found packs similar but they were all lacking something. So I had an idea, why not update the pack for the most current version of Minecraft. That lead to the next idea of making an official/unofficial Whiskey Media Texture Pack.

So, here we are, the pack is mostly complete, I am still debating whether or not I want to do mobs; but the pack is always being improved. I hope you enjoy this pack, and please offer your criticism, I have no problem improving the pack and making it the best it can be. I posted this over on Tested so I figured I'd post it over here too.

UPDATE: I've updated the pack for Minecraft 1.2.4 I hope you guys like it, and as always tell me if there is anything you guys don't like. I'll be adding more pictures to the portraits soon.

UPDATE: I finally updated this for Minecraft 1.4.7 in preparation for the big changes coming to texture packs soon, as always tell me how i can improve it and i will gladly consider it

Click here to download

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#2  Edited By Brackynews

EXCITE EXCITE EXCITE EXCITE EXCITE EXCITE EXCITE EXCITE

More and varied painting packs would be much appreciatings.

coopdegra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By coopdegra
    @Brackynews Thanks, what do you think just more whiskey media pictures, it's hard to get something to fit into the smaller ones, but I'll figure it out. If you have any suggestions, I'd love to know
    jackryan1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By jackryan1310

@coopdegra: make the tnt look like the giant bomb logo

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#5  Edited By Brackynews

@coopdegra: Just a thought, but if you posterize filter a small photo, like say a Brad photobomb head, you might be able to retain enough detail to downsize it to a single square. At which point you could actually make mineral blocks into staff portraits, or something equally absurd (Pumpkin Brad? Vinny Flowers?). The review avatars might be the best place to start?

Agreed about the TNT, fo' sho'.

coopdegra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By coopdegra

@Brackynews: @jackryan1310: I love the ideas, i'll have to fool around with the pictures to see if that'll work. I think if i do manage to get the pictures down, i'll have to split the pack, one being what it is now the simplistic version, the other being the ridiculous photoshopped version. What do you think?

EDIT: so it works kid of, even posterizing it it can still get kind of weird, but i'll keep testing to see what works

EDIT: EDIT: alright, so I've used up all the pictures i was able to find, but I NEED MORE, PLEASE, help me find some, We can make this the best pack or something like that, I'm going to put in what i have done so far

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.