Mobile Suit Gundam is a 2D sci-fi fighting game developed by Allumer and released by Banpresto for arcades in 1993.
It is a 2D fighting game adaptation of the anime series Mobile Suit Gundam and is the first fighting game in the overall Gundam series. All fights are done in the series' traditional mechs, with gameplay similar to Street Fighter II.
It received an updated sequel a year later, titled Mobile Suit Gundam: EX Revue.
Although the game's character select screen shows 10 playable characters, four of them are palette swaps, with the only differences involving the appearance of main antagonist Char Aznable's mech variants.
- RX-78-2 Gundam (piloted by either Amuro Ray or Sayla Mass)
- MS-06F Zaku II (piloted either by Char Aznable in the MS-06S variant, or by Gene)
- MSM-07 Z'Gok (misspelled "Zugock", piloted either by Char Aznable in the MSM-07S variant, or by a Zeon soldier)
- MS-14A Gelgoog (piloted either by Char Aznable in the MS-14S variant, or by a Zeon soldier)
- MS-07B Gouf (piloted by Ramba Ral)
- MS-09B Dom (piloted by Gaia)
- MSN-02 Zeong (misspelled "Ziong", final boss, unplayable, piloted by Char Aznable)