Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

20 @ Makro thank god for free markets :D

solidlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By solidlife

The only person winning at the moment is the Consumer in the UK. If we put this into perspective the RRP for Modern warfare 2 is £54.99 
    this gives us a whopping saving of 35 pounds (you could buy a new game for that price).  

Here you go. 

http://www.makro.co.uk/servlet/PB/menu/1153441/index.html  

The next best deal is sainsburys at £ 26 pounds,  

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/518958/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2-xbox-

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=2063165

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2009/nov/09/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-price-war     

asda and Amazon at £32 pounds. 

Good luck tomorrow in trying to get a copy at these places :).

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Linkyshinks

I've got a Makro trade card  

Thanks ! 

edit: 

You do need to have a Makro Trade Card to purchase goods at the rates listed, in order to have a card you must own a business of some sort.

solidlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By solidlife
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " I've got a Makro trade card   Thanks !  edit:  You do need to have a Makro Trade Card to purchase goods at the rates listed, in order to have a card you must own a business of some sort. "
    Ah yes i should of mention that :( I would of went to Makro but as im in Uni there is not one near me so its off to sainsburys. 

But if anyone has a Marko card or their parents have one this is the best deal going.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Linkyshinks

Haha, I've already got four mates wanting me to buy their copies for them in the morning, I expect I'll have more after I return from the pub. 

Modernwahhtoo's are on me!
    Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Steve_C

I'm gonna see if i can borrow my mum or dad's card. One of them has one. Do they check against the name and such?

EDIT: I think both my mum and dad have one each, but my dad said he will take me tomorrow anyway. It's shocking how good the deals are on this game.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Steve_C said:
    " I'm gonna see if i can borrow my mum or dad's card. One of them has one. Do they check against the name and such? "

Yeah, they should do, but it's no big deal, just tell them your buying stuff on their behalf and take some good forms of ID with you. As long as you have the same second name you should be cool.
    Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Steve_C
    @Linkyshinks: Cheers. I did ask my dad about it, and he said he would take me after he comes back from work. I worry about it selling out to a degree, but there's a barrier to entry which I hope will mean enough copies are left. Another point to make is that the voucher says "one game per customer" which might scupper your plans to buy a few copies for your mates, unless you print multiple vouchers and make repeated trips to different checkouts. Tactics.
    Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Binman88
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " Haha, I've already got four mates wanting me to buy their copies for them in the morning, I expect I'll have more after I return from the pub. 

"
    A few free pints from your mates in the pub sounds like a good way for them to return the favour!
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Linkyshinks

Arrgh!. Thanks for pointing that out. 

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Jimbo

Even if you don't have / can't get a Makro card, £26 (~$44) from Sainsbury's for the console version is an exceptionally good price.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Steve_C:  

They say "customer" on the voucher, not card holder, so I'm going with them all first thing in the morning. There's only 50 copies of the 360 version in my local store.
    Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Steve_C
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " @Steve_C:   They say "customer" on the voucher, not card holder, so I'm going with them all first thing in the morning. There's only 50 copies of the 360 version in my local store. "
    Yeah, but do you only show the card to enter the store or do you have to show it on payment aswell? I'm not sure how they'll feel about all you guys passing around a single card so everyone can pay. You can try of course and see what happens, but i imagine 'customer' is synonymous with 'card holder' in Makro's case. I can't help but feel that you're being over-analytical in trying to find a loophole and get around the restrictions. Good luck in any case.

It'll be great if it works. Maybe my dad will suddenly love videogames and get the urge to buy his own copy of MW2 aswell. Since i'll be going during the evening, post what happens after you go in the morning.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Linkyshinks

I don't recall ever showing my card at check out, although it has been many years since I've been. Anyway, just to make sure, I'll be buying two copies in the food hall and the other two at the main tills, and if that doesn't work, I will work my charm on one of the cashiers. 

lyndsaylou2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By lyndsaylou2000

Hi Guys, I actually work in Makro and its one copy of the game per card.  There are going to be 2 managers on the front doors and 2 managers at the electrical desk checking customers cards.  This move stinks of desperation of a dying store.  They have stopped all members of staff from buying the game until sunday, even buying it at the full price!!!!

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @lyndsaylou2000 said:

" Hi Guys, I actually work in Makro and its one copy of the game per card.  There are going to be 2 managers on the front doors and 2 managers at the electrical desk checking customers cards.  This move stinks of desperation of a dying store.  They have stopped all members of staff from buying the game until sunday, even buying it at the full price!!!! "

Thanks for taking the time to reply.  

Well I guess my mates will have to go elsewhere : /...they will be around in a moment. I'll do the gentlemanly thing a give them all a lift to Salnsburys, so they can get their own copies. 

Thanks again!.
    solidlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By solidlife
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " @lyndsaylou2000 said:

" Hi Guys, I actually work in Makro and its one copy of the game per card.  There are going to be 2 managers on the front doors and 2 managers at the electrical desk checking customers cards.  This move stinks of desperation of a dying store.  They have stopped all members of staff from buying the game until sunday, even buying it at the full price!!!! "

Thanks for taking the time to reply.   Well I guess my mates will have to go elsewhere : /...they will be around in a moment. I'll do the gentlemanly thing a give them all a lift to Salnsburys, so they can get their own copies.  Thanks again!. "
    Nice i went to my Uni's sainburys in Loughborough. they where sold out at 10 30 am (they opened at 8) so  i had to buy it at Tesco for 40 pounds :( as there is no asda near here.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.