Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

if it has co-op I am buying it for sure

mugugipan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mugugipan

I like the multiplayer because you can pick your weapon out right
    and it does not take 8 hrs to kill a person like it does in halo and gears of war
    That to me is the reason why I am really getting into modern warfare.

The one thing that Halo and Gears do have that Modern Warfare does not is Co-op
    So if the second game has it, I am definitely buying it on the first day.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187

Call of Duty 2 will still remain superior...but I'll be playing the shit out of MW2.

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By granderojo

I really hope I don't fall into the call of duty trap again, I played COD4 so much, I cracked the top 100 on the leaderboards for points....

I really don't want to invest into another experience like that.  I will play the shit out of MW2 though, just not memorize the way to spawn snipe, noob tube, and other assorted ways to take advantage of the game in the ways that get you screams through the head set directed your way.  I am tired of being that dude.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By Karmum

World at War had co-op, and co-op seems to be the necessity for all games with feature an online component. I am aware that IW did not develop World at War, but I'm sure Activision will push everything they can on them.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By JoelTGM

Yes coop rocks, I hope MW2 has it.  Also I hope they really freshen up the multiplayer because I've had enough of it with COD4 and 5.  I'm not a huge fan of the arcadey twitch gameplay, but I did get addicted to the ranks and it was so easy to be good in that game, probably why it's so popular.  Like the OP said, it's very easy to get kills.

The_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By The_Dude

If it does not have coop, I won't care, I will buy it day one, however coop would be welcomed with open arms by me.

And Jakob, I want to know why you feel COD2 is superior to 4.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Systech
    The_Dude said:
    "If it does not have coop, I won't care, I will buy it day one, however coop would be welcomed with open arms by me.

"
    You don't need to get it from him. Answer: Just 'cause it is.
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By c1337us

Co-op is fine but I will be getting this game with or without it.

ZeroCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By ZeroCast
    systech said:
    "The_Dude said:
    "If it does not have coop, I won't care, I will buy it day one, however coop would be welcomed with open arms by me.

"
    You don't need to get it from him. Answer: Just 'cause it is.
    "
    Please tell me you like WW2 more than Modern Warfare because if that's the case, yes, Call of Duty 2 is superior than 4.
    PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PowerSerj
    jakob187 said:
    "Call of Duty 2 will still remain superior...but I'll be playing the shit out of MW2."
    Word. CoD 2 is and always will be the greatest shooter of all time to ever exist, ever. MW2 may come close.
    suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By suneku

I'd still buy it if it wasn't co-op, but co-op sure would be great

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Jayge_

I'll buy it either way. I played the shit out of MW when it came out, and these past few weeks I've been playing the shit out of it again. Either everyone's gotten worse, or I've gotten a lot better, because there is a rare match when I don't get a 2.5+ k/d ratio. It's strange. But I'm definitely hyped for MW2 now.

Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Megalon

Man as long as they don't ship a steaming pile of dung instead of a disc or something, I'm going to be buying it. Co-op would be nice, but all the other online modes were plenty to keep me busy for the better part of a year.

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It'll most likely have co-op, but I want it for the online, and to see where the story goes.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15  Edited By jakob187
    The_Dude said:
    "And Jakob, I want to know why you feel COD2 is superior to 4."
    CoD4 isn't bad, by any means.  However, it relys heavily on explosive ordinance, spray 'n' pray tactics, and running away like a fucking pussy.  Bullet pen is a nice thing to have, however, when you are trying to get those pussies hiding away in the middle of nowhere.

CoD2, however, relys on accuracy, dexterity, and skill.  There aren't that many automatic weapons in the game, and the ones that are in there are relatively weak.  Without practice, you cannot excel at that game.  Players can accidentally get first place in CoD4, but you cannot accidentally be good at CoD2.  There's no bullet pen and perks.  It's pure deathmatch excellence.

Plus...the maps are all incredible.  CoD4 has a couple of maps that are just eh...but CoD2 was absolutely amazing.  I mean, there IS a reason why they revamped Carentan and put it in CoD4 as Chinatown after all.

That is why CoD2 is superior to CoD4.  Cheap players cannot excel at it.  IW did an outstanding job in making that game, and it's one of the reasons why that game still holds as much of an online community player base as CoD4 does.  Mind you, I'm talking more about PC than 360 in this scenario.  
    lamegame621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By lamegame621

ahhhh...the PC version. I understand now, Jakob.

If it counts for anything, I still really enjoy Call of Duty 1

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.