Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

More developers are leaving Infinity Ward. Could this be a good?

mcmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mcmuffin

(Let me note, I'm not trying to break the news about it, I just want to discuss what possibilities could come out of this situation.)
     Wow I was just reading this article, about the  Lead Software Engineer and the Lead Designer leaving  and really got me thinking about what the next Infinity Ward game could be. Since a lot of their main guys have left leaving a huge hole to fill, it could be a really good thing because with fresh minds can come really great and inovating ideas. What do you guys think is going to happen?    I'm betting that they are hopefully going to move the direction a bit more in a different way. 
    Check out the article talking about two guys that just left.   
    http://kokugamer.com/2010/04/06/additional-senior-members-of-infinity-ward-depart-from-the-company/    

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By AndrewB

You're about the 3rd person who's posted this that I've come across.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By landon

Could this be a good, what?

mcmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mcmuffin

Well I'm talking more about what change this could bring to the company and it's games because all four of the developers that left heavily influenced the game. 

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DystopiaX
    @mcmuffin said:
    "   Wow I was just reading this article, about the  Lead Software Engineer and the Lead Designer leaving  and really got me thinking about what the next Infinity Ward game could be. Since a lot of their main guys have left leaving a huge hole to fill, it could be a really good thing because with fresh minds can come really great and inovating ideas. What do you guys think is going to happen?    I'm betting that they are hopefully going to move the direction a bit more in a different way. 
    Check out the article talking about two guys that just left.   http://kokugamer.com/2010/04/06/additional-senior-members-of-infinity-ward-depart-from-the-company/     "
    or it could suck because they lost their lead multiplayer designer and their leading creative minds and MW3/whatever the hell will suck. 
    Personally, I'm for following West/Zampella wherever they land. 

Also, check the forums before you post old news; this was posted here like 5 times.
    mcmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mcmuffin
    @Landon said:
    " Could this be a good, what? "
    Ya, if new people come in, they bring what they know into the company, which could create a somewhat different game but still outstanding.
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DystopiaX
    @mcmuffin said:
    " @Landon said:
    Ya, if new people come in, they bring what they know into the company, which could create a somewhat different game but still outstanding. "
    another thing is that if MW3 comes out and it's in any way different from MW2, all the millions of fanboys will hate it. Face it, if IW does another CoD game Activision and expectation will force them to do more of the same.
    mcmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mcmuffin
    @DystopiaX said:
    " @mcmuffin said:
    " @Landon said:
    Ya, if new people come in, they bring what they know into the company, which could create a somewhat different game but still outstanding. "
    another thing is that if MW3 comes out and it's in any way different from MW2, all the millions of fanboys will hate it. Face it, if IW does another CoD game Activision and expectation will force them to do more of the same. "
    ya I have to agree with you about the fanboys, activison and expectations making them go with the same, but hopefully activison will realize one day that they really fucked up.
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DystopiaX
    @mcmuffin said:
    " @DystopiaX said:
    " @mcmuffin said:
    " @Landon said:
    another thing is that if MW3 comes out and it's in any way different from MW2, all the millions of fanboys will hate it. Face it, if IW does another CoD game Activision and expectation will force them to do more of the same. "
    ya I have to agree with you about the fanboys, activison and expectations making them go with the same, but hopefully activison will realize one day that they really fucked up. "
    the fact that they announced CoD 8 and an action adventure CoD right after they fired west/zampella should tell you you're wrong. 

CoD to go the way of Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero.
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By ch13696

It could lead to all kinds of stuff. But the main thing I'm gonna see is that since it's new people, Activision will push them hard to have it released at a certain time. The game will probably end up sucking a lot. We'll end up liking Battlefield and Medal of Honor.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By meteora

There's a high possibility of suckage coming from lead developers leaving. Change doesn't necessarily always mean its bad or good. Though it definitely has a huge impact on what is to come from these people. 

krummey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By krummey

I'm crazy interested to see where the guys that left end up and what they do next.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By iam3green

it is going to change things around. people are going to be piss when that happens.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ryanwho

How did Guitar Hero do without Harmonics? Activision knows it can keep selling its brand even if the people who made it valuable leave.

Blueman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Blueman

As a fan of the Call of Duty franchise, this worries me. I doubt we'll ever see the 'real' Modern Warfare 3.
    Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Brunchies

The percent of suck coming from the next game is getting higher but knowing the brand name people will still buy it. 

Talesavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Talesavo

I doubt this is the end of those who'll be leaving IW.

Ferginator4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By Ferginator4k

Its bad for everyone, except perhaps those who left. Who may be better off now that Activision isnt fucking around with their products.

Dejkrigeren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dejkrigeren
    @mcmuffin said:
    "   (Let me note, I'm not trying to break the news about it, I just want to discuss what possibilities could come out of this situation.)
     Wow I was just reading this article, about the  Lead Software Engineer and the Lead Designer leaving  and really got me thinking about what the next Infinity Ward game could be. Since a lot of their main guys have left leaving a huge hole to fill, it could be a really good thing because with fresh minds can come really great and inovating ideas. What do you guys think is going to happen?    I'm betting that they are hopefully going to move the direction a bit more in a different way. 
    Check out the article talking about two guys that just left.   http://kokugamer.com/2010/04/06/additional-senior-members-of-infinity-ward-depart-from-the-company/     "
    Or it will most likely mean that the new guys coming in are chickenshit, meaning that they will keep churning out the same game.
    Nickness534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By Nickness534

I really hope EA picks up Todd Alderman. I'd really like if EA picked up everyone that got cut from Infinity Ward.

slax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By slax

I think that if west/zampella win the lawsuit for the title and characters in Modern Warfare, and get a lot of the team back together they can do a lot of good out from under Activision's thumb. 
    I will keep an eye on new CoD titles from Infinity Ward, but with an announcement like Action Adventure title, I am very disenchanted with them.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By Tennmuerti

New and good ideas are not hard to come by, everyone has them.
    Everything is in their implementation and execution.
    Also new people are easier to bend to the publishers will.

spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By spaceturtle

I think as long as Activision is creeping up Infinity Ward butt, there wont be delivering anything "fresh" to their games. However, the developers which are leaving IW might form a new team and create something completely new and awesome. I mean, we've seen what they can do -- Moder Warfare, the original.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.