Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

My revised list for MW2 multiplayer...

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
    SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

So I've been spending time with the MW2 multiplayer, and I've revised my list of things I think should not be in the game. Here it is:

• Akimbo
    • Weapons that aren't modern (aka Model 1887's)
    • Under slung Grenade Launchers
    Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Akeldama

Akimbo Shotguns. That is all.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

High pitched kids voices yelling curses at me (some I had to google) 

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By beargirl1

akimbo is only a "problem" with the shotguns. except that they have terrible accuracy so they're at a disadvantage. 

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#5  Edited By sjschmidt93

Akimbo Shotguns 
    Last/Final Stand

SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

I should also probably give some details as to why I think these things should be excluded.

Akimbo: This has absolutely no place in a shooter called "Modern Warfare". Not only does the concept of akimbo not work in whats supposed to be a "tactical shooter", it causes some serious imbalance among the weapons, specifically akimbo shotguns.

Weapons that aren't modern: This is rather self explanatory. Weapons such as the Model 1887, and the Rangers make absolutely no sense in this type of game. Other than that, they just feel plain out of place among the other weapons. 

Under slung grenade launchers: These appear in many MANY military shooters, and I hate them. I absolutely despise them, and the entire concept of "Noob Tubing". MW2 is the worst game I've ever played when it comes to this, as the games designers almost seem to promote noob tubing as an actual tactic. And don't get me started on the "Danger Close" perk.

SilentCommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By SilentCommando

I agree with everything you just said.

SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SathingtonWaltz
    @SilentCommando: Nice to know that somebody does! I made a list like this a week or so ago, and after playing a little longer I think I was originally too hard on the game. Originally I was calling for Perks and Killstreaks to be taken out as well, or at least given the option to be turned off in certain game types. Since then, I've decided that Perks and Killstreaks provide an experience unique to MW2, and that without them, it would be just "guns and bullets".
    faustyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By faustyn
    @SathingtonWaltz said:
    " I should also probably give some details as to why I think these things should be excluded.  Akimbo: This has absolutely no place in a shooter called "Modern Warfare". Not only does the concept of akimbo not work in whats supposed to be a "tactical shooter", it causes some serious imbalance among the weapons, specifically akimbo shotguns.  Weapons that aren't modern: This is rather self explanatory. Weapons such as the Model 1887, and the Rangers make absolutely no sense in this type of game. Other than that, they just feel plain out of place among the other weapons.   Under slung grenade launchers: These appear in many MANY military shooters, and I hate them. I absolutely despise them, and the entire concept of "Noob Tubing". MW2 is the worst game I've ever played when it comes to this, as the games designers almost seem to promote noob tubing as an actual tactic. And don't get me started on the "Danger Close" perk. "
    this.

+ they should remove ump (yup, i'm still bitching about it ;d), 
    commando, 
    tactical insertions from ffa  (it's pretty much just for boosting right now ;f)
    and... thumper (because like you said...noob tubing is just cheap and pretty stupid) 
    also they should change the score limit in cage matches so that boosters can boost their nukes there and not ruin normal ffa games.
    Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Aus_azn
    @SathingtonWaltz said:
    " So I've been spending time with the MW2 multiplayer, and I've revised my list of things I think should not be in the game. Here it is:

• Akimbo Shotguns, yes. Pistols...probably not.
    • Weapons that aren't modern (aka Model 1887's) Duh. Even militiae are probably more advanced than this.
    • Under slung Grenade Launchers Eh, they're not too bad.
    "
    CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CornontheCobbe

Pave-lows. Man fuck those things, when i get a lock on with the stinger and am about to fire, it magically turns around and sprays me :P

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#12  Edited By Sooperspy

customizable kill streaks. didn't like em. Too many helis and nukes going off every three seconds.
    Go back to uav, airstike, and heli/ dogs

I would prefer dogs because in a game like cod, I like running around and killing people with primary AND secondary weapons. I dont like having to equip rocket launchers and nade launchers. That is why dogs are better because you can kill them with anything.

The only game tanks/ helis/ planes work in are battlefields which supply you with primary/ secondary weapons including an explosive or anti air gun to take that shit out with.

SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

Just got through with a match. God damn I hate akimbo. How many modern soldiers are trained to dual wield weapons. None. Why? Because it's impractical as shit, and doesn't work like it does in MW2.

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

I have no problems with Akimbo shotguns.  My Spas with grip and steady aim is fucking ridiculous. Noob tubes aren't that bad either, as grenade spam in COD4 was so much worse.  Most of the AR's have horrible iron sights to begin with, so they either have to live with them or use Bling as their first perk.  I just want the M40 back.

SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SathingtonWaltz
    @MAN_FLANNEL: Noob tubes aren't terribly awful, because they do require some level of technique and accuracy. My only gripe with akimbo weapons is that they feel out of placed and impractical in a game called "Modern Warfare".
    calidan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By calidan777
    @SathingtonWaltz said:
    " So I've been spending time with the MW2 multiplayer, and I've revised my list of things I think should not be in the game. Here it is:

• Akimbo
    • Weapons that aren't modern (aka Model 1887's)
    • Under slung Grenade Launchers
    "
    So what exactly is it that makes a weapon no longer modern? There many weapons in MW2 that have been around for a very long time.
    234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#17  Edited By 234r2we232

Teh Juggernaut  perk cause those peeple r like tampons cuz they are pussies. Yeah bro. Getz n teh way of my Stopping Power pwnz.

Seriously, though. Tactical Insertions. To be more specific: Boosters. Game could do with less of those.

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL
    @SathingtonWaltz said:

" @MAN_FLANNEL: Noob tubes aren't terribly awful, because they do require some level of technique and accuracy. My only gripe with akimbo weapons is that they feel out of placed and impractical in a game called "Modern Warfare". "

Yeah, well claymores apparently haven't been used in 15 years and are lethal at over 100 ft, but the ones in the game detonate via magical lasers.  RC helicopters drop crates containing laptops from the sky.  I'm also doubtful any soldier could run full sprint with a Javelin strapped across their back.  It's not supposed to be realistic.  It's supposed to be fun. 

Oh, and akimbo silenced p90's are the shit. 
    SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SathingtonWaltz
    @MAN_FLANNEL:  You make your points..
    Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SathingtonWaltz said:
    " I should also probably give some details as to why I think these things should be excluded.  Akimbo: This has absolutely no place in a shooter called "Modern Warfare". Not only does the concept of akimbo not work in whats supposed to be a "tactical shooter", it causes some serious imbalance among the weapons, specifically akimbo shotguns.  Weapons that aren't modern: This is rather self explanatory. Weapons such as the Model 1887, and the Rangers make absolutely no sense in this type of game. Other than that, they just feel plain out of place among the other weapons.   Under slung grenade launchers: These appear in many MANY military shooters, and I hate them. I absolutely despise them, and the entire concept of "Noob Tubing". MW2 is the worst game I've ever played when it comes to this, as the games designers almost seem to promote noob tubing as an actual tactic. And don't get me started on the "Danger Close" perk. "
    It's not supposed to be a "tactical shooter".  That would be a game like Rainbow Six Vegas 2.  I agree that it seems a bit out of place to dual wield, but it's not supposed to be real, it's supposed to be fun.  Besides, it can be incredibly fun to dual wield SMGs occasionally for shits'n'giggles. 
    Tuggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By Tuggah

my only complaint is akimbo shotguns. One, totally illogical. Two, totally unbalanced.

SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SathingtonWaltz
    @Tuggah:  I agree to a point. They don't break the game, but the game could do without them.
    Avatar image for aestheticsynthesis
    AestheticSynthesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grenade launchers are ok.  
    Scavenger shouldn't refill M203's though and One Man Army can go.

faustyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By faustyn
    @CornontheCobbe said:

" Pave-lows. Man fuck those things, when i get a lock on with the stinger and am about to fire, it magically turns around and sprays me :P "

it's called COLD BLOODED ;D srsly... it's a pretty awesome perk.
    KennyPowers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By KennyPowers

Im fine with akimbo's as long as they count as both primary and secondary weapons.  I have no problem with someone who only has two shotguns, but I have a big problem with a sniper who also has Lightweight, marathon, and akimbo 1887's. 

If you want akimbo weapons, then it takes up both weapon slots.  At least it should

SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SathingtonWaltz
    @faustyn: Cold Blooded is easily the best perk in the game. All of my custom classes have it, except for my Heavy class, which is using Stopping Power Pro for the extra bullet and vehicle damage.
    faustyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By faustyn
    @SathingtonWaltz said:
    " @faustyn: Cold Blooded is easily the best perk in the game. All of my custom classes have it, except for my Heavy class, which is using Stopping Power Pro for the extra bullet and vehicle damage. "
    yup. i have the same 3 perks equipped on every single class (sleight of hand pro, cold blooded pro and ninja pro). 
    but i play only 2 modes (hardcore hq, hardcore search) so that's why i don't use other perks. they just suck in hc.
    CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By CornontheCobbe
    @faustyn: Haha you speak the truth man ^_^. I only use Cold Blooded on my sniper class though! And with that one i find that you'd want to be carrying the PP2000 or whatever it's called, and not a stinger, because when it comes to close quarters combat, your intervention generally does not do. 

Stopping power is what i use with my main class. And it's damn effective with a FAL.
    wh1terav3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#29  Edited By wh1terav3n

I would like an MLG game playlist that (somehow, I don't care how), prevents users from using everything banned in gamebattles. Mainly, though, I want a no explosives playlist, no noobtubing with scavenger and danger close, no rocketing with AT-4's with the same perks. Grenades are whatever, they're balanced, but it seems that most or all explosives are totally unbalanced. I wouldn't mind seeing akimbo taken out of the game as well, as its totally ridiculous for anything besides a pistol (good luck with the recoil on two SMG's in real life). Also, I wouldn't mind the range on the spas being reduced about 5-8 feet.

evanbrau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By evanbrau

This isn't supposed to be a realistic game, get over it. HTH.

Monopolized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Monopolized

what's wrong with The M203?..  I hate people who say no grenade launchers in games...yeah it's a 1 hit kill..and all you do is point and shoot.. but it's the same with shotguns..and sniper so deal with it

Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Djeffers03

Hitmarkers with snipers when you have stopping power, fmj and are shooting them in the shoulder.

Bass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#33  Edited By Bass

FMJ doesnt add damage. Also, you didnt hit him in the shoulder, you hit his arm.

Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Rockdalf
    @evanbrau said:
    " This isn't supposed to be a realistic game, get over it. HTH. "
    That's why I want my character to have laser vision.

Seriously, there has to be some element of realism to the game, else people wouldn't take it seriously.  "It's not supposed to be realistic, it's supposed to be fun" is a cop out when the lack of realism in some instances gets in the way of you having fun.  I mean, there'd be riots in the streets if they added a Spartan Laser, but I guaran-damn-tee you I would have fun with one.  As long as no one else had one XD.
    Blueman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Blueman

Get rid of last stand, it's easily the most frustrating thing in the game.
    Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
    deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Play Bad Company 2 :P?

immike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37  Edited By immike

Glitches and exploits aside, I'm fine with everything except: 
    -killstreaks above 7 or 9 
    -noobtubes 
    -danger close 
    -commando 
    -akimbo 

That's pretty much it.

solidlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By solidlife

noobtubes + danger close.... 

faustyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By faustyn
    @ConfusedSanity said:
    " what's wrong with The M203?..  I hate people who say no grenade launchers in games...yeah it's a 1 hit kill..and all you do is point and shoot.. but it's the same with shotguns..and sniper so deal with it "
    lawl. snipers are not one shot kills. you have to shoot someone directly in the face from a pretty small distance without silencer to kill him. stopping power improves this whole mess a little bit but still snipers are fucked up on normal modes.
    Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#40  Edited By Whisperkill

killstreaks

Monopolized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Monopolized
    @faustyn:  Then your doing it wrong.. I can get 1 shot skills with a shot to the torso with a sniper ...use the intervention.
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By RsistncE

You should probably also add "game sucking goat dick" to that list. It's a pretty intolerable feature if you ask me.

faustyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By faustyn
    @ConfusedSanity said:

" @faustyn:  Then your doing it wrong.. I can get 1 shot skills with a shot to the torso with a sniper ...use the intervention. "

sure you can get 1 shot kills. I'm not saying it's impossible. I'm just saying that i find myself getting hit markers a little bit too often. it's especially irritating with a barett which is a .50 cal. 
    ps. i use intervention.
    u03mja3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By u03mja3

1)I think if you select akimbo weapons that should be your only weapon. 
    2)Also, when using akimbo, a player should not be able to knife, or throw grenades/flashes/stuns. (How would they be able too? Remember that scene in naked gun when the girls slaps Leslie Nielsen with her magic third hand?)

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By iam3green

akimbos are stupid addons. they need to be less accurate if anything. i never saw anyone in war movies or documents of guys running around with two weapons shooting at the same time. 

the models are stupid gun. if somebody was to reload a shotgun like that then their arm is going to hurt after spinning it. 

campers are the worst part about this game. they seem to be around every corner. every game is going to have campers in them.

Avatar image for nikoalexander57
    NikoAlexander57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#46  Edited By NikoAlexander57

No. More. Goddamn. n00b. Tubes.

MrJiggerski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47  Edited By MrJiggerski

I'm back to MW nao. My idea for the sequel? Take MW, add kill cams and host migration + the new graphics and maps. Would made a perfect game. But this piece of crap? No, thank you, call me when IW releases a patch for the fucking UMP.

Lolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Lolo
    @MAN_FLANNEL: I disagree about the AR's having bad iron sights.  

The M4's is a little crowded, but still works great.  The FAMAS' is incredibly accurate, just a little small.  The SCAR has by far the best iron sight in the game.  The TAR's is nice, but I could do without the large ring on the outside.  A lot of people have trouble with the FAL's, but I quite like it, and it allow me to use a different attachment.  The M16's is also a bit on the small side, but still very usable.  The ACR's is probably my least favorite, it's little cross in the middle block too much of my target, but the gun is saved by it's lack of recoil.  The F2000's is manageable at best, like the weapon.  I have more success hip-firing it with Steady Aim.  The AK-47's is fantastic, you just put their head in the convenient bowl and pull the trigger ^_^

EDIT:  Also, those complaining about sniper damage...make the switch.  The WA2000 is by far the best sniper in the game.  It has a pretty quick fire rate, easy recoil, and one-shot-kills from the upper chest up without Stopping Power.  This allows you to use Cold Blooded and have the advantage against Thermal users every time.  That or stop rushing your shots and learn to aim.  Use Cold Blooded with your Sniper classes, I promise that for all the hit markers you experience at the beginning, you'll start to be a better shot overall.  I used to use the Barrett almost exclusively, going for chest shots with Stopping Power.  I switched to the WA2000 about a month ago, and even though I only have 423 kills with it, 237 of them are Headshots.  It simply made me a better shot.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.