Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

Prestige mode for the PC version?

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Hamz

I've just got around to watching Brad's interview with Robert Bowling of 'fourzerotwo' fame regarding multiplayer in Modern Warfare 2 and one thing Mr. Bowling mentioned caught my attention.

Everytime you prestige you'll still be able to unlock more content to play around with. He didn't state exactly how many times you need to prestige in order to unlock new stuff or what exactly it is you'll unlock. But COD4 never had a prestige mode on the PC version.

So does anyone know if it has been mentioned or confirmed that the PC version will get a prestige mode or will it be console only once again?

Psytek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Psytek

they haven't confirmed it either way yet, but since you unlock stuff for prestiging, it would make no sense to leave it out now.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By AhmadMetallic

are people really gonna buy the frickin goggles?? 

I dont think the PC is gonna have that privilege

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Bigandtasty
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " are people really gonna buy the frickin goggles??  I dont think the PC is gonna have that privilege "
    He's talking about prestige mode (i.e. the feature of throwing your experience levels away and starting over for more prestige), not prestige edition
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Bigandtasty:  oh right  :$
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I don't see why they wouldn't include it. But then I don't see why it wasn't included in CoD4 either.

LaszloKovacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By LaszloKovacs

If they do include it, they ought to fix their other glaring omission while they're at it (i.e. no account persistence so when I switched operating systems I lost all my gold guns and my rank).

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Pazy

Didnt they tie World at War to an account type system on PC? Whereas Cod4 had local profiles so to prestige you just had to delete your profile so its not like we really lacked it (though I think you got diffrent icons on consoles).

Since I think World at War had the account system, im not sure since I only played a little bit of it, then Cod:MW2 will most likely have it too and through it a prestige system.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pause422
    @MattyFTM said:
    " I don't see why they wouldn't include it. But then I don't see why it wasn't included in CoD4 either. "
    Well its easy to see in cod4 and not that big of a deal. Prestige mode in cod4 was literally pointless and no real incentive to want to go for it. But he clearly stated in MW2 that there would be extra stuff to unlock that others that dont prestige wouldnt get, so I would assume if that is the case, it will undoubtedly be on the PC version as well.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By jakob187

Well...I happen to know that I've asked a certain Giant Bomb staff member this same exact question...and I may have a response to that question: 

Jeff said: 
    "They haven't really been getting into the specifics of the PC version yet, so we don't know for sure."    

He goes on in the message to saying what he thinks the deal is, but I'm not going to go posting up anything else from a private message without the man's consent.  

Psytek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Psytek

This has been confirmed recently. Can't find the link, but there is definitely going to be prestige in the PC version.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By Snail

I asked a guy at a Gamestop. He told me there isn't going to be a prestige edition, or any special edition for that matter, for the PC version. Which is totally gay. FPS games are supposed to be played with a mouse and a keyboard and now the industry is turning its attention to game consoles?

I think it is ridiculous to see the consoles get the Prestige edition while PC players have to get the regular edition. I understand you are a PC aficionado yourself hamz. You feel my angst too right?

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By Ineedaname
    @Snail said:

" I asked a guy at a Gamestop. He told me there isn't going to be a prestige edition, or any special edition for that matter, for the PC version. Which is totally gay. FPS games are supposed to be played with a mouse and a keyboard and now the industry is turning its attention to game consoles?  I think it is ridiculous to see the consoles get the Prestige edition while PC players have to get the regular edition. I understand you are a PC aficionado yourself hamz. You feel my angst too right? "

Once again you made Ahmad's mistake, he means prestige in game.
    However I think they should this time but it might be a problem of tying their profiles down, on the PC CoD4 there was nothing stopping me being lame and getting someone elses save.

without starting a new topic, PC version may be delayed for 2 weeks. =O
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hamz
    @Ineedaname: Got a source explaining why yet another PC release of a title is delayed? Seriously getting pissed off at all the delays for PC titles this year.
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ineedaname
    @Hamz: I got it of the MW2 forums, was browsing, and read that the original source was pretty naf but this is about the European delay:
     http://www.gametrailers.com/news/modern-warfare-2-pc-delayed/1431

Guess you'll have to wait to see if that extends to the US.

Although in that link they are citing the original source which I still think sounds naf.
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hamz
    @Ineedaname: I'm from the UK, so not only do I get a price increase on it that is absolutely ridiculous but now a delay as well? My love for this game slowly dwindles with each passing day.....

Thanks for letting me know!
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ineedaname
    @Hamz: Aye it is pretty sucky, I'm from the Uk myself, so I know how you feel, bought MUA2 recently, I found it hard to justify that £45 I paid for that although that was console =/

Although if I were you watch for a proper source, I still think the original source people are citing sounds pretty odd.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.