Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Dec 10, 2011

An upgraded version of Monster Hunter Tri for the 3DS and Wii U.

The answer to this will decide if I buy the game or not.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

The only time I ever played a monster hunter game was back on the PSP. I have literally not seen or heard a single thing about the series before or since outside of playing that game for 5-6 hours and the trailer for this game here on GB. My question to you is this. In the PSP game the world seemed to be populated with cute little kitty cat NPC's. Is this still the case? Is the world inhabited by cute cat things still or was that only apart of that one game?

Also, the reason I stopped playing on the PSP was because the one thumb stick to control everything made the game impossible to control because of the terrible camera. Is it still bad or has it since been fixed now that it's on a platform with a second thumb stick?

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

#2  Edited By StarvingGamer

Felynes are the series mascots. In 3 they are an integral part of the experience, fighting alongside you. Also controls are better if you play on WiiU and worse on 3DS unless you have a circle pad pro.

EDIT: Cha-Cha and Kayamba

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3  Edited By crusader8463

@starvinggamer: I was not expecting being able to take the cats into combat. Thanks for the info.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By TruthTellah

@crusader8463: Edit: Whoops, thinking of the wrong game. Sorry bout that. I think MH3U has some differences to original M3, including no Felynes in combat.

@starvinggamer: Are you thinking of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate? Because it looks like they replaced the Felyne companions with Shakalakahs, little human-like companions.(who at least sound like they have better AI than original Felynes)

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@crusader8463: Edit: Whoops, thinking of the wrong game. Sorry bout that. I think MH3U has some differences to original M3, including no Felynes in combat.

@starvinggamer: Are you thinking of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate? Because it looks like they replaced the Felyne companions with Shakalakahs, little human-like companions.(who at least sound like they have better AI than original Felynes)

Yup. You get two of em.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@truthtellah said:

Yup. You get two of em.

Yeah. I forgot they changed that. Odd thing, but the Felynes are coming back for 4.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@the_laughing_man said:

@truthtellah said:

Yup. You get two of em.

Yeah. I forgot they changed that. Odd thing, but the Felynes are coming back for 4.

As long as they dont steal my shit.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@truthtellah said:

@the_laughing_man said:

@truthtellah said:

Yup. You get two of em.

As long as they dont steal my shit.

Sorry, yeah, in MH3 and MH3U they're actually Shakalaka, not Felyne. Because of MHFU though I kept thinking of Cha-Cha as a Felyne when I played Tri.

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

To clarify, there are still felynes in the game. Serving you food, stealing your stuff out on hunts, tending to your house.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Bollard

No combat Felynes? Fuck this game.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

No combat Felynes? Fuck this game.

The wild ones steal your stuff. Fuck those guys. Going to kill them ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.