Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 13, 2015

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is an expanded version of Monster Hunter 4.

Rathalos before Gore Megala?

MikeLemmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 2

I'm prepping for the Gore Magala and found a good weapon upgrade for it. However, that weapon upgrade requires Rathalos Scales and Iodrome Hides; I haven't encountered either yet. Can you get either those in the single-player stuff before the Urgent Quest to kill the Gore Magala, or are they gated off until you kill the Gore Magala?

Avatar image for larslars_pantsonfars
    LarsLars_PantsOnFars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Unfortunately, you can only face Rathalos and Iodrome until after you've faced Gore Magala.

Jorbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Jorbit

I mean, you could always go into online mode and work your way to Rathalos but people get their panties twisted about people who don't do the village first.

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I've been doing fine with my impact charge blade against Gore in the "repel it!" encounters, but I'm thinking now about spending some time fighting Rathians to get a fire element CB to exploit Gore's fire weakness before I try the 4 star urgent quest to hunt it. Does this seem like a good idea, or should I just plow through?

tumbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@quid_pro_bono: you could try that, doesn't hurt to get more elemental CBs or you could just make use of the impact phial full charge to ko the gore. Just make sure to get rid of the frenzy virus to get the affinity boost. Nulberries help reset the bar if you can't get rid of it in time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.