Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 16, 2008

The supernatural kombatants of Mortal Kombat collide with the superheroes of the DC Universe in this crossover fighting game by Midway.

more finishing moves

Lemegeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Lemegeton
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2  Edited By kush

I'll be honest...they look pretty awful so far. The only good fatality I've seen so far is the original Joker fatality, but all others have been utter crap.

Lemegeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Lemegeton

i was hoping with the teen rating they would be a bit more creative with them and just try and comical OTT ones , and the first joker fatality showed signs of that, but now im really not impressed. i mean the green lantern one is basically the same as kenshi's , i mean with his ring there are sooo many possibilities e.g. generate a hammer and have him beat the other guy a few times ; but instead they just rehash an old finisher. LAME
    . raidens one is awfully animated, the skeleton just pops in there.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By get2sammyb

Hmmm... I don't get why Jeff is so stoked over this game? I don't get why the very few people that are stoked over this game are stoked over this game.

It looks... meh!

Lemegeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Lemegeton

im sure the gameplay and the fighting engine will be fun. especially since its gone back to the old style of combos i.e. stringing together special moves and hits to do a combo, and not just pressing a button sequence to unleash a canned pre-programmed combo.
    im still hoping for a good game, but the finishers suck so far

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6  Edited By kush
    get2sammyb said:
    "Hmmm... I don't get why Jeff is so stoked over this game? I don't get why the very few people that are stoked over this game are stoked over this game.

It looks... meh!"
    I think the actual game looks like a lot of fun...it's just that the fatalities look rather boring and unimaginative.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By pause422

I of course assumed the fatalities would be pretty dumb as soon as it was a confirmed T, I think the game itself and its mechanics look very well done, and as a fan of fighting games I definitely wanna try it out...I just will always feel like this isn't really MK without M rating fatalities and gore. I don't understand why they couldn't go M in the first place...if DC has no problem with fatalities being in the game at all for characters, why would they care if they were more or less brutal? either way it is killing the other player, they could of still kept the brutalities for the heroes or whatever...I'll never understand, but I want to play it still...but I just want MK9 more now.

Lemegeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Lemegeton

because DC fans are primarily in the teen category , they didnt want their characters who have a large fanbase under 18, in a game where their limbs get ripped off and faces burned off.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.