Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat X

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Apr 14, 2015

The tenth installment of the bloody and storied fighting game franchise picks up decades after the events of the 2011 franchise re-boot, as new and returning kombatants fight throughout the realms over the power of an imprisoned evil.

PC Pad of Choice

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1d502761653
    deactivated-5d1d502761653

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Dudes, just wondering if the One's pad or the PS4 pad are preferred.

So far I use a 360 pad exclusively on my PC but the D-Pad isn't the pad's strength as most know, so I would like to get an idea which one to purchase.

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#2  Edited By nophilip

PS4, hands down. It's probably my favorite controller of all time.

It works on PC pretty much flawlessly now. You still have to install 3rd party software to make it go, but once you do that it's smooth sailing.

Plus, I've gotten way more use out of the touchpad on PC (using it as a mouse) than I ever have in a PS4 game.

PeZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I have the old Mad Catz Fight Pad, and I think it's great, though moving in the crypt is a mess, you can't turn unless you flip the switch in the bottom. But other than that, I think it feels great.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By monetarydread
    • I'm using my old Mad Catz Tournament Pro fightstick. I don't use the stick often, but when I do, I am glad I have it. I use a PS4 controller when moving around the crypt though.
    TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I'm still waiting for more reliable word that the PC version is up to my standard before buying it. But instead I've been playing some MK9 with my Hori V3 Kai arcade stick. I used to think MK felt better with a Dpad, but the excessive SF4 practice the past 7 or 8 months has warmed me up to the stick life. Though I do miss the Dpad for fatalities, it's just a lot faster. Not the biggest of deals but still miss it.

By the way, pretty much every 360 dpad I have ever owned, old or new, has had a lazy side that won't react correctly. So none of them is good for this shit because they can only dash consistently one way. >.<

yates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm using the Xbox One pad and it seems fine.

I use my Madcatz TE arcade stick for Street Fighter but I just find it clunky and awkward to use it for MK. MK has always seemed like a game that plays better on pad to me.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

I use a Wii U Pro Controller. Love it.

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I bought the MKX gamepad, I've tried my Street Fighter x Tekken stick, my PS4 controller and the Xbox one controller. The MKX gamepad is terrible. I don't really like the stick for MKX because of all the forward back forward motions. I would say the PS4 controller and the XB1 controller are pretty close for me. They both work great. I prefer the Xbox 1 controller. I guess i'm just more comfortable with the layout after all the time on my 360 controller.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Mmmslash

@nophilip: Which is the software I should be using these days? Last I checked, there seemed to be two competing solutions.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dac8b1b10957
    deactivated-5dac8b1b10957

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

I use one of these: http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/f310-gamepad

It's pretty good. The D-Pad is a little weird but it actually works pretty well. I like it because it has a switch on the back to swap between XInput and DirectInput, which means it works for pretty much every game ever.

triplestan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS4 controller, all the way. Though I didn't know you could use a Wii U Pro Controller, I'll have to try that out.

@mmmslash: To throw my two cents in, I just made the switch from DS4Tool to Input Mapper (formerly DS4 Windows) and I'm really liking it so far - it's pretty painless, especially in comparison to DS4Tool.

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

PS4 controller, all the way. Though I didn't know you could use a Wii U Pro Controller, I'll have to try that out.

@mmmslash: To throw my two cents in, I just made the switch from DS4Tool to Input Mapper (formerly DS4 Windows) and I'm really liking it so far - it's pretty painless, especially in comparison to DS4Tool.

Right on the money. I find the newly named Input Mapper to work much better and be easier to set up than DS4Tool.

teaoverlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer the one at ds4windows.com to InputMapper. It looks better and doesn't constantly beg you for money. I think functionally they're basically the same.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.