Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

One of the goriest fighting game franchises returns to its roots, introducing a new story that re-tells the events of the first three Mortal Kombat games (with a unique twist).

An unexpected surprise at the pit....

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Sackmanjones

So since PSN is down im tryin to finish the ladder with all the characters. I was just playing on the pit (at night)  when i noticed...... a flying sled and reindeer?? Has anyone else seen this go by while playing?

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By N7
    @Sackmanjones:  I can't remember what you have to do exactly, but when you see that, there's a way to trigger a fight with Classic Reptile.
    Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Pie

Yeah, if you do something when that appears you can do a secret battle or something

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @N7:  Ya right now Im playin as reptile so it would make some sense
    Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Sayishere

this may be wrong but to my knowledge, when the santa appears you have to get a double flawless victory and perform the stage fataility, then you fight classic reptile, and unlock the acheivement

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Grillbar
    @Sackmanjones said:

" So since PSN is down im tryin to finish the ladder with all the characters. I was just playing on the pit (at night)  when i noticed...... a flying sled and reindeer?? Has anyone else seen this go by while playing? "

SPOILER        SPOILER SPOILER

yes its a way to get reptiles 3rd costume. allso smoke is in the woods and someone is in that chruch one theres actually trophys attacted to it it does not matter what char your playing or dif but there are some specific criterias to do check out youtube vids to find out what ot is. i know there is reptiles, smoke noob and jade costumes attatch to the ladder
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Bestostero
    @Sackmanjones said:
    " So since PSN is down im tryin to finish the ladder with all the characters. I was just playing on the pit (at night)  when i noticed...... a flying sled and reindeer?? Has anyone else seen this go by while playing? "
    It triggers the hidden fight against Reptile.  When you see Santa's Sleigh or Witch on broomstick flying across the moon at pit stage, you had gotten DOUBLE flawless for that match AND perform a stage fatality in order to trigger the hidden fight with Klassic Reptile.

There are three other hidden fights, Klassic Jade, Klassic Smoke, Klassic Noob Saibot with similar requirements to triggering the fight as well...
    SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SlightConfuse

i believe  that is a kallback to mk 2

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By C0V3RT

I believe I read there's also a witch that will fly across that can act as the trigger to fighting Reptile if you get a double flawless and do the stage fatality.

Helimocopter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Helimocopter

double flawless seems hard

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By C0V3RT
    @Helimocopter said:
    " double flawless seems hard "
    Just bump down the difficulty. If that's still giving you fits just spam the hell out of Scorpion's spear or Smoke's smoke ball since the AI really doesn't block on lower difficulties.
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Bestostero
    @Helimocopter:  Well you can cheat the Reptile appearance to appear by starting at beginner level and keep restarting until you get the correct level (the pit) and see the witch/santa flying across the moon.  You can do that for Smoke and Noob Saibot as well

but jade however, is much more difficult.
    Seroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By Seroth

What's cool is that this Classic Reptile also has his Classic Moveset, meaning he has Scorpion's spear and Sub-Zero's freeze. A really cool throwback to MK1.

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DrPockets000

According to Game Informer, the best way to pull off this feat is to use Nightwolf on Beginner, and keep restarting Ladder mode until Pit is the first match.  

EvilDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By EvilDingo
    Also I accidentally found classic Noob just a few hours... and was beaten mercilessly by him...
    Afterwards I searched the net to figure out what I did, and if there's any point in pursuing defeating him. Apparently his secret fight is the easiest to achieve.
    Just search it on youtube, and you'll no doubt find someone explaining these secrets. I did.

@Grillbar said:

"SPOILER        SPOILER SPOILERyes its a way to get reptiles 3rd costume. allso smoke is in the woods and someone is in that chruch one theres actually trophys attacted to it it does not matter what char your playing or dif but there are some specific criterias to do check out youtube vids to find out what ot is. i know there is reptiles, smoke noob and jade costumes attatch to the ladder "

Just so no-one goes on a futile quest to try and unlock classic Noob, Smoke, Jade and Reptile...
    According to seemingly honest videos on youtube explaining finding these secret fights, you are not rewarded with anything else than a large amount of koins by defeating them. You don't unlock classic outfits or the character with the classic move-set. You'll get an achievement/trophy for finding each of them though.
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Bestostero

For Noob Saibot, you just need to see him in the Cathedral stage and not use the block button at all, after your fight has finish he will engage you.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17  Edited By Yanngc33

That means you'll get to fight classic reptile. Also, on the forest stage, keep hitting select and you'll eventually fight classic Smoke

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@DrPockets000: Why Nightwolf? 
    Zabant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Zabant

You dont get the costumes for beating them. That would make the preorder bonuses (and upcoming dlc) pointless.

They're just cool little throwback fights with achievements attached.
    Disengage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By Disengage
    @xhavoc86 said:
    " For Noob Saibot, you just need to see him in the Cathedral stage and not use the block button at all, after your fight has finish he will engage you. "
    So my scub ability of never blocking will finally pay off!
    DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DrPockets000
    @Sir_Ragnarok said:
    " @DrPockets000: Why Nightwolf?  "
    You can spam his arrows and lightning, and his stage fatality is ludicrously easy (I believe it's down, down, down, block or something).
    fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#22  Edited By fox01313

Got the hidden Noob match but haven't seen santa in the game yet. Good thing that I still have half the people to unlock the endings in the arcade ladder to do for more chances on this.

craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By craigbo180
    @fox01313 said:
    " Got the hidden Noob match but haven't seen santa in the game yet. Good thing that I still have half the people to unlock the endings in the arcade ladder to do for more chances on this. "
    Just so you know its not always Santa I waited for ages to see santa but he never came but I got a witch a couple times, after a while I just went ahead and did a double flawless and pit fatality after seeing the witch fly across from the left and it unlocked the reptile fight. If you don't see anything within 10 seconds of the first round go back to player select because nothing is going to come.
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Bestostero
    @Disengage said:
    " @xhavoc86 said:
    " For Noob Saibot, you just need to see him in the Cathedral stage and not use the block button at all, after your fight has finish he will engage you. "
    So my scub ability of never blocking will finally pay off! "
    You and me both buddy, you and me both! :D

@craigbo180 said:
    " @fox01313 said:
    " Got the hidden Noob match but haven't seen santa in the game yet. Good thing that I still have half the people to unlock the endings in the arcade ladder to do for more chances on this. "
    Just so you know its not always Santa I waited for ages to see santa but he never came but I got a witch a couple times, after a while I just went ahead and did a double flawless and pit fatality after seeing the witch fly across from the left and it unlocked the reptile fight. If you don't see anything within 10 seconds of the first round go back to player select because nothing is going to come. "

This is true, don't bother waiting around for any of the hidden triggers to appear, if they dont appear in the first 10-20 seconds, restart the match.
    SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By SSully

If you jump twenty times without being hit before the sleigh flys off screen your character jumps onto the sleigh and you fight Santa Clause. If you win you can have him as a character. His fatality is pretty dope. 

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

Yep, i've run into that but that doesn't unlock the klassic kostume?

Thats a shame.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.