Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mortal Kombat

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

One of the goriest fighting game franchises returns to its roots, introducing a new story that re-tells the events of the first three Mortal Kombat games (with a unique twist).

Pc Versions Online Just As Terrible.

Turbyne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Turbyne

As the console versions, no different.

Laggy, delayed fights.

Shouldn't of answered my own question with my wallet I suppose.

I had hoped the port would involve fixing the biggest fault of MK9 but nope.

Not quite worth a purchase if you already own the console version.

Edit: More surprises in this fantastic piece of software, when someone disconnects before a match starts the screen tends to turn black forever until you forcefully close the game.

Problem two: The game no longer even opens after playing it three times, time to reinstall I suppose.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Not too surprising I guess.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By JoeyRavn

You wanted a console port, you got a console port. Two years later. Seriously, are you even surprised NR and High Voltage didn't overhaul the game for this version? At least it has some decent graphic options...

@turbyne said:

Shouldn't of answered my own question with my wallet I suppose.

Ugh. Shouldn't have*...

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I wonder if that's infrastructure, netcode, or both. Didn't look too deeply into the issue on the console because I didn't really play online much.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

It's fine by me, I never play my fighting games online. Never. It looses 100% of its charm. As for the port itself, I think it's very solid. A lot more bloody, too. Look at those battle-damaged, fluid-covered models!

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Just another reason why they should let Capcom have all the rights to MK characters. At least SSFIV and UMvC3 online works well. Although I hear MvC3 is awful in the US but that's an infrastructure issue, it plays well in Europe.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

@klei said:

It's fine by me, I never play my fighting games online. Never. It looses 100% of its charm.

Fighting is my favourite genre and I have no idea what this statement means. You mean you only play offline?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@sooty: Namco Bandai should get it. Ive not played a single fighter online that matches the butter smooth online experience of Tekken Tag 2 and Revolution. SoulCalibur V was largely okay in the netcode department as well.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@joeyravn said:

Ugh. Shouldn't have*...

Sh'l'd'v'

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

@klei said:

It's fine by me, I never play my fighting games online. Never. It looses 100% of its charm.

Fighting is my favourite genre and I have no idea what this statement means. You mean you only play offline?

That seems to be exactly what they mean. I don't understand the confusion.

I don't play fighting games online, either. Well, I'll sometimes play one or two rounds just to test it out, but then I'm done. It's just not appealing to me. But then I wouldn't call myself a fan of fighting games, and I just play the interesting ones like MK for a bit until I get bored.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.