Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Motion Control

Concept »

Using gestures with the controller to control on-screen actions. Alternatively, these gestures can also be detected by motion-sensing cameras.

Loco Motion: The Golden Age of Motion Controls

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

Edited By Claude

I'm a motion fan. Maybe it's my age, or the type of video games I've played throughout my gaming life; lots of sports games, golf being my  favorite. I've branched out from my early gaming life as I now like having a variety of play options when playing video games, keyboard mouse, dual analog controller and the combination of motion capabilities for a given game. 

He's Loco
     He's Loco

With an abundance of Motion

That's why I'm so excited for next year. With Move and Kinect coming out soon, next year should allow for a cornucopia of options for motion fans.       

I can see it on the horizon, The Golden Age of Motion Controls. And for the people that hate motion controls, no need to worry, you'll have your standard sets of games and control-ability. But having options of play makes me feel all giddy inside. So jump on-board... the Loco Motion.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Claude

I'm a motion fan. Maybe it's my age, or the type of video games I've played throughout my gaming life; lots of sports games, golf being my  favorite. I've branched out from my early gaming life as I now like having a variety of play options when playing video games, keyboard mouse, dual analog controller and the combination of motion capabilities for a given game. 

He's Loco
     He's Loco

That's why I'm so excited for next year. With Move and Kinect coming out soon, next year should allow for a cornucopia of options for motion fans.       

I can see it on the horizon, The Golden Age of Motion Controls. And for the people that hate motion controls, no need to worry, you'll have your standard sets of games and control-ability. But having options of play makes me feel all giddy inside. So jump on-board... the Loco Motion.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

Wait, how can you know that this is the Golden Age for motion controls? Isn't that a term largely used retroactively?

teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By teh_pwnzorer

1995-1996 was the golden age of Virtual Reality. 

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Claude
    @Video_Game_King:  I just came back from the future to let you guys know.
    teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
    @Claude said:
    " @Video_Game_King:  I just came back from the future to let you guys know. "
    Thanks.
    zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By zeforgotten

Now I'm hoping that Dance Central will have Loco Motion in the track list at some point. 
    DAMN YOU CLAUDE! 

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By ArcBorealis
    @ZeForgotten said:
    "Now I'm hoping that Dance Central will have Loco Motion in the track list at some point. DAMN YOU CLAUDE!  "

Indeed. Heck, I'm not even that much excited for Dance Central, but I'd certainly be more intrigued to check it out.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By HandsomeDead

If there is a golden age of motion controls, we're not there yet. We're barely out of the dark ages.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By vidiot

I was watching the moving-picture-box, and I saw that Wii-Bowling is really trendy with geriatrics like you. :P

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Claude
    @HandsomeDead said:
    " If there is a golden age of motion controls, we're not there yet. We're barely out of the dark ages. "
    @vidiot said:
    " I was watching the moving-picture-box, and I saw that Wii-Bowling is really trendy with geriatrics like you. :P "
    Good points. I might just be a geriatric gamer living in the dark ages.
    RenegadeSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By RenegadeSaint

I'm really looking forward to Kinect.  It should open up gaming to a lot of people.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.