Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mount & Blade: Warband

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 30, 2010

Warband is a stand-alone expansion for Mount and Blade. It serves an improved and expanded re-release of the original Mount and Blade, a medieval open world RPG by Taleworlds.

Mount & Blade - Free weekend and 75% off Steam Sale

Avatar image for matthewthebeast
    MatthewTheBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By MatthewTheBeast

It's one of those times in the year when I just gonna pimp out my favourite game, Mount & Blade Warband + Napoleonic Wars. As usual, either look up on youtube for game for singleplayer/multiplayer or even try the demo. Although this time you can just go for the free weekend until July 13 at 1PM PST. The first time they ever had a free weekend.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/38003/

Personal suggestion(s):

Just get Warband and Napoleonic.

Fire & Sword is just a subpar Warband single player experience and its multiplayer has already been oust by Warband mods set in that historical setting.

Mount & Blade The First: Outclass by Warband in almost every way, except for a few mods that didn't transfer to Warband.

Also, Warband is now (in beta) supporting Mac, Linux and Steam Workshop. Unfortunately, since the Steam Workshop upload limit for mods is a max of 100mb and most M&B mods are between 200mb to 3gb it might be for bugger all. Hopefully modders could find some way to work around it, but don't count on it. Stick with these if you want to try some mods : http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,165.0.html & http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/?

Youtube examples of mods:

Edit: I am very sorry for the video dump, I can't seem to find a way to put these in spoiler blocks without breaking them.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

*anxiously waiting for Bannerlord*

Multiplayer in Warband is fantastic though. Spent hundreds of hours hack and slashing and poking. Incredibly satisfying sneaking around and taking out a row of archers, or just rolling with the swarm and clashing against the enemy with axe in hand, shattering shields, or just running in an open field and piking cavalry.

Single-player is great too of course. Worth noting there's no narrative, if you're looking for that sort of thing. It's essentially a medieval war sandbox game.

Avatar image for matthewthebeast
    MatthewTheBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'll be a tad more cautious about Bannerlord until they announce advance mod tools/the game being as or more moddable than Warband. Also, if they release a multiplayer beta like what they did with Warband awhile back.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.